GT47-88 First Gen

Gumby the video has been removed by user? I qiut my desk job so I am not online that often. I went to Ceil last Friday and ran 11.84@120.9 So I am happy for now. I think it is as fast as any first gen with OE tires and stock gears and bone stock bottom end. I think the single 2.5" uppipe is becoming a restriction and when I build the engine (hopefully it will not need it any time soon), knocking on wood, I will upgrade to a 3" up-pipe.

Sorry But i beat that time about 10 years ago. 10;90@121. at ceil. god that track hocks hard.

It hit the limit of the A-1000 pump. No matter what I do I cant get more than 45lb of fuel pressure. Weldon 1100 going in, and a SHP 377/383. The Stock Deck needs to be freshened, combustion gasses even worked their way around a set of cometics, blew a couple of chunks out of the edge of the deck:(

I didn't read what heads you were using? My old stock block with TF170 heads was making 680HP and 650tq . and
went 10;90@121. so you must be making about the same to go 120 in the 1/4. I dont think a A1000 has what it takes to really feed that engine. The pro pump might. or the big Megafuel. But you need a 10AN feed to a Y then 2 10AN from the Y to each fuel rail and 6 or 8AN return.
Like Gumby said don't let the E4OD go in 4th on the run.It will eat it. Gear it up like you said. I have 3;70 gear in my truck and leave the OD off. and let the trans do its own shifting.

Looks good man Good luck.

It hit the limit of the A-1000 pump. No matter what I do I cant get more than 45lb of fuel pressure. Weldon 1100 going in, and a SHP 377/383. The Stock Deck needs to be freshened, combustion gasses even worked their way around a set of cometics, blew a couple of chunks out of the edge of the deck:(

When are you going to come hang out with us guys from DelValLO again?

any new updates

New short block is being built. I am leaving the truck parked until the engine swap. Once I get a chance to take some pics of the new parts I will post them, So far, Dart Sportsman block, Custom Wiesco blower pistons (new but second hand), Oliver rods, Scat forged 3.85" crank, Custom Hyd turbo cam from the mustang, Victor Jr heads. I want to see how much power I can make with 15psi. I might upgrade to a gt55 turbo, If I can find one or trade for the gt47...

New short block is being built. I am leaving the truck parked until the engine swap. Once I get a chance to take some pics of the new parts I will post them, So far, Dart Sportsman block, Custom Wiesco blower pistons (new but second hand), Oliver rods, Scat forged 3.85" crank, Custom Hyd turbo cam from the mustang, Victor Jr heads. I want to see how much power I can make with 15psi. I might upgrade to a gt55 turbo, If I can find one or trade for the gt47...

Are you still running a speed density setup and a stock bottom end with hyper's? If so how? I'm probably going to be pulling the trigger on a turbo setup soon and was just going to convert it to Mass Air and call it a day.

He doesn't get on here much so I'll answer to the best I can remember. His motor was the stock block with heads, and he was running via an Accel DFI 7.Mike is very knowledgable about turbo stuff and he knows his s***. He's helped me alot with my turbo system.

He doesn't get on here much so I'll answer to the best I can remember. His motor was the stock block with heads, and he was running via an Accel DFI 7.Mike is very knowledgable about turbo stuff and he knows his s***. He's helped me alot with my turbo system.

Awesome and thanks for answering on his behalf Rudder. I have just been trying to figure out what the best route as far as ECM options are for a turbo
setup. IE mass air conversion , DFI, Fast, Tweecar, Quarter horse etc..

How is the exhaust ran to the Turbo? Do you have any pics from the passenger side to the driver side and then to the Turbo?

Back