Gt42-76r

Lightning Struck

Is it possible to run this turbo with the street strip headers? It's a T4 flanged turbo. I read the descriptions of the headers, was just wondering how close the clearance is on the S/S setup with a turbo such as this.

Thanks!

Curt hood clearance is the big issue on the hot side of the turbo, if you measure from the flange to the top of the turbine housing, I can give you a rough idea.

yes, if your going not going to have A/C and use the martch P/S bracket I can fit any size turbo you want...

Dave

Curt, you will be within 1/2" of the stock hood with that turbine housing with Dave's street kit.

Dave, will the Jegs 842-VBCO35 work for a stainless upgrade on the 3.5" exhaust pipes? They are made by Stainless works but not sur if it will fit the vband flanges you used.
Thanks
Steve

Do you think a big chunk of cast iron that's glowing within a half inch of paint will hurt the paint;)

Just bein a smartazz ;) March P/S bracket it is..

Whats the part number for the March bracket? I'm thinking of going with the alternator setup as well as the P/S setup... Looks like I'd just have to convert to an older mustang style(non-denso) alternator.

They have several different units to choose from so I would suggest going to March's site and pick the ones you want... I just used the...

DELUXE/CUSTOM Ford 5.0 Brackets

351 Bracket Kits Only:
Part# 30055 DELUXE Ford 351 Alternator Bracket with Tensioner
Suggested List Price... $111.34

Part#30035 DELUXE Ford 351 Power Steering Bracket
Suggested List Price... $111.34

on a customers truck with a polished one wire alternator from Jegs and I'm real happy with the way everything turned out...

Dave

That's the setup I was thinking about going with.. Another question, you have to change to the older Mustang style alternator correct? Is the wiring complicated to change?

And do you have the PN and price for the alternator you used?

Thanks!

Last edited:
So with the one wire setups, it's just the main charging wire that runs to the battery? So it's self exciting basically? What do you usually do with the factory wiring then?

Never delt with a one wire, so I'm alittle in the dark.

I have used these alternators twice but each time I completly rewired the entire truck so hooking up to the stock wiring was not an issue for me... Yes, if you hook the wire to the + side of the battery it should charge...

Back