GT40 Nitrous Plate?

I ran a similar TFS plate for the TFS Box intake,worked great. N2O is easy boost,really no more risky than any other kind.

I had that plate which needed to be repaired and I thought NX didn’t make it anymore. You can also just throw a fogger nozzle in but depends on how much you plan to spray.

I ran a similar TFS plate for the TFS Box intake,worked great. N2O is easy boost,really no more risky than any other kind.

Yea that’s what I keep hearing. And It makes perfect sense. My concern was more along the lines of fuel puddling inside the intake with a wet fogger nozzle.

That’s what interested me about the plate system.

Is there a benefit to just running direct port over the plate?

I’m just brain storming thinking of which way to go with this.

And I was thinking 150shot. Stock bottom end should handle that yea? I’m not spinning it over 5500RPM.

Yea that’s what I keep hearing. And It makes perfect sense. My concern was more along the lines of fuel puddling inside the intake with a wet fogger nozzle.

That’s what interested me about the plate system.

Is there a benefit to just running direct port over the plate?

I’m just brain storming thinking of which way to go with this.

And I was thinking 150shot. Stock bottom end should handle that yea? I’m not spinning it over 5500RPM.

Back in 96 I was running a Mustang 5115 dry kit, was like a 125 dry kit. Dead easy install and never had any issues other than running out of bottle :) Never hurt the motor, played havoc on transmissions back then because nobody really had good parts until Level 10 came along.

Plate is basically direct port, just way less complicated and easier to install, but not as much room to grow.

I ran the NX TFS setup briefly. I really liked it. Then I went turbo.

Like said,the plate is direct port. After how much power mine made with a turbo,I'd hit a 351w with a 300 shot and wouldn't think twice about it.

Back in 96 I was running a Mustang 5115 dry kit, was like a 125 dry kit. Dead easy install and never had any issues other than running out of bottle :) Never hurt the motor, played havoc on transmissions back then because nobody really had good parts until Level 10 came along.

Yes this kit works perfect. The only reason I went to a wet fogger nozzle is bc the stock wiring on my aeromotive pump didn’t allow it to build fuel psi it needed to keep it happy. It worked great when running a stock fuel pump. And I’m going back to a dry set up soon

100-300 is baby shot in the nitrous world. No need for 2 stages. Would go straight to a shark nozzle. Allows up to a 250 shot. Run it on a progressive if you need traction control. If not just pour it on. Wouldn't even pull timing on 100 shot and under... Just add some octane. On 150+ I would start pulling a little bit of timing with raised octane.

100-300 is baby shot in the nitrous world. No need for 2 stages. Would go straight to a shark nozzle. Allows up to a 250 shot. Run it on a progressive if you need traction control. If not just pour it on. Wouldn't even pull timing on 100 shot and under... Just add some octane. On 150+ I would start pulling a little bit of timing with raised octane.

Thanks for the tips! Definitely going to look into this set up!

I ran the NOS GT40 plate years ago. Anything over 150 HP had distribution problems on #7 and #8 cyl. Ask me how I know?:cr1:

Can you run this kit on speed density setup? Is so what should be changed

Speed density doesn't care about nitrous. Only thing to do is manually retard timing before putting on big shots. Also keep enough octane in the motor. Pump gas is not your friend.

Speed density doesn't care about nitrous. Only thing to do is manually retard timing before putting on big shots. Also keep enough octane in the motor. Pump gas is not your friend.

I’m spraying a 120 nitrous jet through a plate on straight 93 pump gas. No methanol and no separate enrichment cell with race gas. BBF though

https://youtu.be/ESK6twofYHU

Brown truck is me

Last edited:
Back