GROUP BUY FOR GAYLORD'S LIDS: sign up here

got mine today....................box was wounded but..........perfect condition. [knocking on wood] now if the install just goes good...

Looking for a group buy

Are there any group buys still going for the Gaylord x2000?
I'd like to get in on one.

Last edited:
banshee said:
Inspected lid and looks great!! Now if I only had some hinges to mount the lid. Called fed-ex and they never made it to the Dayton hub in Ohio. Just make sure you get two boxes when you receive the lid. The hinges are shipped in a seperate box from the lid. Now if fed-ex can only find those hinges!!!!!

Well, got my lid today, but like Banshee - NO HINGES!!!! Called Gaylord and they say the package with the hinges usually is a day behind the lid, WTF? Shouldn't it get to you earlier, since it is smaller? Anyway, the lid is beautiful, perfect condition and perfect paint, I am HAPPY!!! The lid is unpacked in the garage, the crate is in little pieces in the driveway for the garbage dudes and I am waiting for some hinges. This thing looks great! By the way; Banshee, how long till you got your hinges????????????

Guess what?? I still don't have my hinges and Gaylord's is giving me a lot of problems over this issue (like I would want to screw them out of a set of hinges). Fed-ex is trying to locate them and the fed-ex driver also marked on the delivery receipt that he delivered only one piece . The business where I had the lid delivered to signed for the one piece, but yet gaylord's wants to argue with me that two pieces were signed for. They are also wanting to invoice the consignee for shipment, when I have already prepaid the shipping (sounds like they are trying to double dip on the shipping charges).

well boys got the lid & hinges installed looks good .after I threw the directions away I got it put on .it looks like it has a slite bow in the middle but maybe in time it will sag some .

mark
95 lightning

JPanchalk said:
Anyone else get charged twice (total of $2,200) like I did?

you made me check (i love on-line banking) and all was well...$1044.00. got mine installed today for $100 (looks great and functions perfectly) and promptly sold my ford soft tonneau for $100 to a local L buddy. :tu:

thanks kromdom for ramrodding this deal.

Last edited:
hope the little hiccups get worked out eventually. Thanks right back at you guys for joining the GB and making it happen.
gbgary, you know the pix ho's like me want to see some pictures!!!

i wish they would have put some priceing on reciept to i still dont know how much my shipping was or anything .hey gbgary glad u sold ur soft cover locally i sold mine to a lightning club member three weeks ago shipped it he got it. said it was perfect but wont pay me . im starting to think ive been ripped by a club member.he said the mail lost it he would send it again but they must of lost it again

wtrskier said:
hey gbgary glad u sold ur soft cover locally i sold mine to a lightning club member three weeks ago shipped it he got it. said it was perfect but wont pay me . im starting to think ive been ripped by a club member.he said the mail lost it he would send it again but they must of lost it again

un-F'n-believable!! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

kromdom said:
hope the little hiccups get worked out eventually. Thanks right back at you guys for joining the GB and making it happen.
gbgary, you know the pix ho's like me want to see some pictures!!!

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

wtrskier said:
hey gbgary did u just drill & bolt yours.I dont see any clamp bolts in the rear hinge mounts.

clamped...in the middle and back.

kromdom said:
gbgary,
thanks for the pics, man! that lid sure did give your truck a very nice makeover.

thanks. i love it!

let's see everyone else's now!

gbgary said:
clamped...in the middle and back.

thanks. i love it!

let's see everyone else's now!

I'd love to show you mine, but I still don't have any hinges! FedEx can't find them and Gaylord's is no help, but it is not their fault, they shipped them. So now I can either order another set and pay $450 plus shipping and then hope FedEx repays me or wait and wait hoping the first set will arrive. It has been almost a week, so I doubt the originals will turn up. I talked to Gaylord's about shipping me another set next day air and they said the shipping would be $300! I am not sure what to do. If I order another set and the first set arrives, will Gaylord's take them back and refund me the money and even at that I will be stuck with the frieght bills, Rats!:banghead:

I'm going thru the same thing!! I received my lid 12 days ago and still no hinges. I suppose I will be turning this matter over to the credit card company if this matter is not resolved soon. The credit card companies can make things happen in matters such as this!!

gaylords' didn't insure them? i'll bet they did. if they aren't found i'll bet you get a new set. i'm sure if you did order another set and you ended up with the originals too they take them back. call them back and ask those questions. the credit-card-company angle is interesting. i'd say "i can't believe they lost them.", but i can't. since they managed to loose a friggin leaf spring, of mine, anything is possible. my hinge box was torn wide open, but amazingly, all the parts were in it.

Last edited:
I cant believe fed ex cant track them i feel sure they , put tracking on every thing these days. ups does without even asking for it.

Back