GROUP BUY FOR GAYLORD'S LIDS: sign up here

wtrskier said:
I cant believe fed ex cant track them i feel sure they , put tracking on every thing these days. ups does without even asking for it.

FedEx did put a tracking number on it, the same number the lid had and a note on the tracking report that 2 packages were picked up. They lost it somewhere between California and South Florida and don't have a clue where it could be. Actually, they are such a big compnay, I just don't think they even put any effort into finding it. The guy at FedEx just said I'll fax you a claim form, fill it out and we will reimburse you. I wonder how long that will take? I ordered new hinges today and when I get the receipt, I'll put in the claim, shouldn't take more than a few months to process I imagine. I guess I am really pretty lucky, this is the first thing I have ever lost in the mail and like most of us, I order a ton of stuff off the net.

as f'ed-up as fedex is i'd uncrate them both and keep the better of the two. the crates are easy to put back together. i think i'd open the hardware boxes too (if you have them) and make sure everything is in them.

I filed a dispute payment charge with capital one today over my lid without hinges!! I'm tired of making calls to fed-ex and gaylord's and getting the run-around. Gaylord's makes a nice lid but, their customer service is worthless in my opinion and are no help what so ever!! As far as I'm concerned the matter is between fed-ex and gaylords and I'm just the third party that screwed in this whole mess!!

I almost jumped in on this GB, but I've got burned on a few in the past. Sorry you guys got ripped. I hate $hitty customer service that acts like they are doing a paying customer a favor by answering questions.

Well I filed a report with the better business bureau against Gaylord's. The business where I had the lid shipped to is getting billed by FedEx for shipping. This T's me off since I have already prepaid shipping. Still no hinges either. This whole experience has been a total nightmare. This was the first group buy that I had been in and will definetly be my last!!!!

do u think it was the group buy that screwed it up .i would guess that the folks at gaylords screwed it up not the g.b.the bossman at gaylords should straighten it out . he makes plenty on these lids to do the right thing same for fed ex there the ones we should be trashing since all the buy did was get us a better price, all orders were handled seperately .u would really be ticked if u ordered it from a magazine 4 ,1500.00 and this happened.anyway ill tell anyone i know wantin a lid to try innovation or some other company cause gaylords seems to be to big for there britches.good service makes or brakes a company.they should of took care of it no questions asked.
hope in the long run they do the right thing

I totally agree with wtrskier, it wasn't the GB that was the problem. Gaylord's basically doesn't care since they got their money. I would definetly not recomend Gaylord's to my worst enemy, customer service sucks!!! Hopefully with what action I've taken, this matter can be cleared up!

am i the only one with one installed and happy? besides the problems mentioned above (which is F'd-up) is that it? GEEZE!! what about everyone else?

Last edited:
Happy?????? Not really

gbgary said:
i'm i the only one with one installed and happy? besides the problems mentioned above (which is F'd-up) is that it? GEEZE!! what about everyone else?

I installed my lid Thursday night after work after buying a second set of hinges, still no word on the first set. I filed a claim with FedEx for $425 on Friday, but no response to that yet. To put the icing on the cake, I am putting groceries in the back of the L Saturday and smell something electrical burning. I didn't think anything of it, figured it was another car in the lot, closed the lid and drove home. When I get home, the remote won't open the lid. I used the key and when I checked the lock solenoid, it wasn't working. I put a tester on the wires supplying power to the solenoid and it is getting power, but won't work. It burned up the second time I used it, what luck. Gaylord's won't send me a new one until I send them the bad one, so I will pull it off tonight and wait, wait, wait. Other than all that, I am a happy, satisfied customer, NOT! It sure does look good though.

I have mine all installed looks good .I hooked my remote straight to a battery just to see it work & it worked fine .but after i installed every thing the remote didnt work did some testing and must of had a bad grd. in the remote swith in the cover mest around & got it working .I went ahead & put a inline fuse under the hood to be safe .anyway every thing is lookin good now.hope everbody gets there problems resolved .
my biggest problem now is I sold my soft cover to a guy in the club named txsvt10 in south tx. been 5 weeks no money nothin but a run around dont do biz with him your askin 4 it just a heads up.its to bad we have guys like this in the club.

Last edited:
BrownOL55 said:
Just got mine in yesterday and there is a two inch scratch right in the middle

Man, sorry to hear that! My lid is perfect, I could not have asked for a better paint job on a huge sheet of fiberglass. It is extremely hard to produce a part like that, paint it gloss black, ship it 3000 miles and have it look good. I am really happy with the way mine came in, especially with all the horror stories on this buy. My main complaint is with FedEx and it will be a while before I get it sorted out. I did have one problem with the lid though. The second time I used the remote to open it, the solenoid burned up. I am waiting for Gaylords to make good on it and I will let you know how that turns out.

Got a call from Lisa at Gaylord's today. They mailed me a new solenoid and it will be here Friday and they credited my card for the missing hinges I had to replace. So bottom line, I got the lid at a great discount and it looks tits. Now if I can get Fed Ex to reimburse me the $100 for all the excess shipping of the lost parts, I will be done. I have to admit this has been one royal PITA, but for the money I saved, I can't complain. Thanks to Kromdom for all the help.

hey jpanchalk i might know someone intrested in the other lid .is it a speedstur . i was wondering how the lid was 1100 with no paint .im in s.c.let me know ill check with him

Thats alot for a unpainted cover I got mine shipped to south carolina witch I would think is just as far to east coast mine came painted for 1074.00.but ill check with him , he`ll have to pay 1100 plus have it shipped plus paint it. ill let you know but its going to be tuff since he already knows what mine cost . let you know what he says. how much did they charge you for a lid with no paint

I'm still having trouble with Gaylords. Its been six weeks and still no hinges. I was givin a bogus tracking number today from gaylords for the hinges that were suppose to be sent out. They supposedly filed a claim with fedex for reimbursement for the hinges. I have also disputed the charges with my credit card company and have also reported them to the better business bureau in their area ( by the way the number for the bbb is 909-825-7280 ).

Back