Gran Turismo 5

joedpl

Not sure if this is in the right forum or not but figured it would get some attention here.

I picked up the game last week and have been playing for over a week now and have yet to see the 2003 Lightning come across the used car lot, just wanted to see if anyone else on here that is playing the game has had any luck finding the truck. My user name is "Nissanman" if anyone wants to add me to their friend list, just put a message that you're from NLOC just so I know.

I also have the game and have yet to find it. I have seen the RAM and the Chev concept come through the used lot. Frankly the game pisses me right off how there is a truck race, and yet you can't actually acquire any of the vehicles that are needed to run the race without checking the used lot constantly and praying one appears. Competely idiotic setup.

U got to play an event and go check the used car lot...over and over and over. Eventually u will come across one. U need to save up some credits though..most r going for 30-35K...lol I got one the other night and already have it built as far as it can go..lol 710hp...haha and it handles good too. Neat seeing/playing a video game with ur DD in it.

Three wide at Daytona. Man this game is fun

Superspeedway-Daytona.jpg

That looks cool! Can you play it from the inside of the cockpit or just behind and from the hood?

There are 2 types of vehicles in the game, standard model (which were brought over from GT4) and premium model (brand new cars to GT5). For the standard model cars (such as the lightning) there are only 3 views for racing (vehicle full screen, behind hood, and full screen no vehicle/hood) In the premium model cars they added the cockpit view (like Forza 3 did with every single car......) i too have my issues with this game, for example: the AI drivers being able to spin you out at a moments notice but yet when you try to spin them out its impossible (sometimes you gotta play dirty to win). Also the damage "realism" in this game is quite pathetic.

edit: Finally got an 03 Lightning (in the game)! Paid $29,035 for it and has 21k miles, threw the upgraded supercharger on it and now has 450hp, off to the sport truck races!

Last edited:
Back