Got pimpxshift installed

There are lots of settings, when you open the tune it should show you all the differences between it and your current tune. Look at them one at a time.

Ok sounds good I'll check it out when I get home and report back thanks again

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Hey Jamie what year was your truck and what tfi did it have. Also how did you figure your injector input for the 42lbs injectors. Can I send you my current tune file so you can look at it for me.

Hey Jamie what year was your truck and what tfi did it have. Also how did you figure your injector input for the 42lbs injectors. Can I send you my current tune file so you can look at it for me.

Not sure what you mean about what TFI
Configure injectors?

I don’t have the time to really get involved in going through your tune right now. Just wanted you to have something to reference yours to. My truck ran great and idled great. I spend probably over 100 hours tuning on it.

TFI - Jamie, if I remember correctly, you had to adjust the dwell and such since the supplied PiMP settings are for Push-Start and your truck was CCD.

When I was reviewing the tune you sent me ignition parameter were set for push start tfi and injector parameter were setup for 19lbs injectors at 200cc. 42 lbs injectors have 440cc if you use stingers method of put in the data.

I would strongly suggest that you go back through and make sure that all of your initial settings are correct. You need to make sure that you have the right cubic inches in there. You need to make sure that you have all of the correct data for injectors in there it makes a huge difference. You have to remember that injectors are stupid and the computer only tells the injector to hold it open and then to close it so it has to have the injector information in order to know how much fuel it's giving. This is a mistake that a lot of guys make is they do not make sure that the basic parameters are set correctly for their engine. You may want to check out a guy by the name of Evan's performance.com he has specific tuning videos for mega squirt 3 which is what the pimp x is. And he has some great beginner and advanced fuel injection tuning videos as well that when you watch those and then you watch the ms3 videos everything just kind of clicks together and you're like wow I did not realize I was supposed to do that. Just food for thought I wish you luck with your tuning.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I got some stuff I want to double check. Talked with Jamie last night for a little while and he helped me understand alot of those parameters and what they're for. So I got some tinkering to do and some stuff to check out

So I made some progress on the truck. I got the table x and y axis matched up. Got the idle ve table auto tuned and set and have a baseline ve fuel table set.

Step by step!

I was reviewing the datalog of my last pass from Spookfest and just being so impressed with how solid everything looks. I love this computer.

Yeah. I'm just taking it slow to learn this system and dial everything in. I think I may be ready to take it for a drive with auto tune.

Step by step!

I was reviewing the datalog of my last pass from Spookfest and just being so impressed with how solid everything looks. I love this computer.
Can't agree more here. I know my truck is gonna do what I tell it to. Not like the stock computer. I'm always within a couple tenths max of my target A/F. Gotta make the stock motor live at 4 digits somehow lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Back