Got pimpxshift installed

alarcont91

So I got the pimpxshift system installed but I'm having trouble get the fuel, spark tables right for my 14psi stock truck. Can anyone point in the right direction please

What were you tuning with before? Could reference the prior tuning software. What fuel?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Was using a tweecer before that Steve Stock put tunes on it for me. Trying to setup for 93 octane. Messed around with it a bit more and it's idling pretty good. Use the fuel ve table generator and input stock truck specs

Here are some pic of the table and ts dashboard
6d2261e615bf0a6cac36748ed6a16066.jpg
c595392e899bad0d9483c5931f066435.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
e9f343771dfc74b2bb62194abe6021de.jpg

They should've provided you with a canned tune that would get you started.

If you can get it drivable, let auto tune get started on lining it out and then use version in the data logger to fine tune it. You'll have to visually dial in the outer areas of the table.

I got it running and drivable last night. Was at my mechanic buddy's house with the truck because he was helping install the system. Tinkered around with it some more after I got it home and it's idling much better. Going to try to lock out the idling boxes and drive it around with auto tune to see it if works the fuel out some more. Looked on stingers forum and found some good information on how to use auto tune feature.

Last edited:
You can look back at old tweecer tunes if you want some base timing tables. but your base tune shouldn't be crazy off. For sure lock out idle cells and go for some auto tuning. It will rough in the ve table decently. have to make sure to hit all the spots. Before getting into too much boost take out a bunch of timing above 100 kpa so you can tune for fuel first.

Yes I need to change that. I used that to helpe dial in the idle afr. I'm going to try and lock out the idle fuel parameters and readjust the rest of the fuel parameters. I'm kinda learning as I go with this so if there is anything that I'm doing wrong please let me know Jamie. I was actually hoping you would chime in lol. Im actually hoping I can lock out the idle fuel parameters and import the rest of the parameter from the base tune then take it for a drive with auto tune so it can smooth out the rest probably take some time out up top to be safe.

Last edited:
Once I got I home Sunday evening I ended up have to change how I had the spartan 3 wired up. The orange wire in the stock harness doesn't work as a ground for the controller so I had to tie it to the black wire to get it work. With the multi meter the orange wire reads as a ground but I must have be a strong enough ground for the spartan 3. You basically wire the spartan 3 like the spartan 2 except it has to be inside the vehicle as it's not waterproof.

There is a separate ve table for idle.
Yes there is but I caution you to not enable it until the truck idles well without it on. Base VE table needs to be real close prior to turning it on.

If I can get my truck idling well a near stock truck should be a breeze. Here's the process I used.

Unplug the IAC and manually set the idle to get it close to where you want with the truck warmed up
In my case I went right to enabling closed loop idle (using timing as well) control based on the RPM I set previously
Then just set the min rpm for auto tune, you'll also notice you have a new tab to auto tune idle VE
Turn both auto tune for main VE and auto tune for idle as they will swap back and forth once you set the min rpm for the main VE table
Drive around and let it do it's thing, also be sure to swap between drive, park, reverse etc to ensure those transitions are smooth

For me the biggest item I worked on was the transitions from park to reverse or drive and where letting the Megasquirt change the timing helped tremendously. I also fiddled a bit with the Closed Loop idle PID settings, but for you guys with the PiMP I would use the supplied settings to start.

Thanks to both Jamie and Jerry who shared what they had done as it was a huge help.

Ok when I have the time to get back to it I'll check it out for the most park I currently have it good at idle and it's drivable.

Back