Got beat!!

few mods and the 5.3 will continue to walk ya lol ;) ive read a few turbo trucks stock 4.8 long blocks full weight trucks running high 10s.

been 5.3s in the hi 9s stock long blocks in a old heavy car. so potential is there.

i love my lightning but i may tingle with some ls stuff 1 day

I've read this bull**** too!You now what though,it's funny the stock ones can run this fast but the baddest ****ing built ones out there barely break into the 8's!Lot's of bull**** on the net!!! Most of the turbo 6.0 chevy's at the sgmp southern truck shootout last year could'nt get outta the 12's,most were high 12's.Considering the headflow numbers and size of the runners in the heads,well let's just say i'm not as impressed by them as i use to be.A 5.3 head has a 210cc intake runner,so what the hell do you expect.I think they should be faster!!!Oh yeah,not to mention the damn valve angle is only like 12 degrees i think!

Last edited:
Nice!
I just read my Hot Rod mag. The new 5.0 in the GT put down 371hp/349tq out of an automatic. With a Ford Wipple blower a 525hp pulley, and the Ford tune it got 500hp. The new ls camaro automatic with headers, exhaust, and a Edelbrock Eforce supercharger struggled to make 400HP. I was there when they were tuning it. The next up was a Procharger manual Camaro. It's best run was 517hp. The 5.0 with a custom tune gained another 43hp. With a smaller pulley it made 580hp!

Ok, so who's going to be the first to toss in the 5.0 in they're L? Then throw a Ford wipple on it? I'm guessing it'll cost close to 12-15k to do.

Hello...anyone out there (crickets in the back ground).

I love my Lightning but check out the regular cab short bed 2wd silverados with 6.0s in them :eek::scared1:

I want one... :embar:

Back