Got a ticket

I got a ticket last week (traffic not movie, I wish this was all a movie).

I was traveling east on SR-14 in Vancouver. The right lane was wide open for miles, so I stomped on the accelerator (a difficult thing not to do). After a 120 MPH run, I slowed down and settled back into traffic with a big smile on my face. A few minutes later, I had a black unmarked trooper behind me wanting me to pull over. At this point I have a frown on my face.

I guess the good news is that the officer (nice guy) only clocked me going 95 MPH, I didn’t get arrested, and that I didn’t hurt anyone. Needless to say I’ll be doing the speed limit from now on.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Ouch, sorry Hex... I feel for ya - I got a 75 in a 55 around Thanksgiving 2000. I wasn't a pleasant experience, and the pocketbook hit is worse.

Flash - I've been thinking about the V1, except they use lidar around these parts. Can't really do much against that laser.

Bummer, Hex. I know it's hard not to stomp on it once in awhile when the road opens up. Luckily, I 've never been stopped after the old speedometer was above the century mark. That was part of the reason I wasn't driving it work. It's just too damn easy get into the boost for a few seconds and leave traffic in the dust. Try and save it for the track this summer where we can get away with it legally.

Yea, could have paid for an entire season at Woodburn for the cost of this ticket. I actually got a reckless driving 2nd degree citation.

was it between vancouver and Camas? I've been seeing a lot more cops there lately, they usually try to hide along the end of a long stretch of fencing that has no reason to be there other than to hide cops and when you come around the corner before the long stretch if your in a pcikup you have a second where you can look down the back edge and see the cop parked there long before you come up on them.

Yeah, that's another bad spot for them, it's hard to see them there, you have to watch for cars putting their brakes on right in there. a buddy of mine got his bike to 145 going westbound just past 205

Back