Got a Nite the other night

pickup man

Found this 92 Nite on Craigslist. Shes rough as hell but I had to save her. This is a pic of the ad . Spent a stupid amount of hours buffing it out to make at least all the side surfaces shine. Removed stripe,bug shield, rain shields,front plate bracket, and steps. Lowered it an inch. got new headlights and tail lights for it. Severe detailing on the inside including a new dash bezel. Much more work to do. I will have after pics soon. Not going crazy on this one as it is for work.

Sweet man. My brother lives in Florida now. I need him to find me a clean truck. You seem to buy a nice project every month lol.

Great find! I've never been able to find production numbers on the Nites - everything I've read says Ford didn't keep track. Just from what I've seen, they seem to be rarer than L's - maybe just because fewer survived. That'll make a cool daily driver when you get her restored!

BTW, is that peeling clear coat in the pic? On a 92?

Sweet man. My brother lives in Florida now. I need him to find me a clean truck. You seem to buy a nice project every month lol.

Where at Joe?

Great find! I've never been able to find production numbers on the Nites - everything I've read says Ford didn't keep track. Just from what I've seen, they seem to be rarer than L's - maybe just because fewer survived. That'll make a cool daily driver when you get her restored!

BTW, is that peeling clear coat in the pic? On a 92?

Now that you say that Fred back then I don't recall ever seeing too many "nite" F150 around.

My uncle had a extended cab Nite when I was a kid. It was his company truck and he used to to haul his boat too.

At some point it was cleared on the fenders , doors and the top of the bed. The tailgate and the sides of the bed are original paint. The hood and roof are trashed. Florida sun is brutal. I got it from a guy that owned a repair shop that said he got it from a customer that was the original owner. Who knows. It only has 106K miles on it. It has a one year only NP435 4 speed trans with a granny gear and no overdrive. When he told me it had that trans, I asked him if that had been put in by someone. He said it was factory and I didnt believe him, because Ive had older ones and newer ones with the M5OD . Then I looked it up on Wiki and sure enough its one year only in the f150 when you ordered a manual. Its supposedly its a desirable trans for rock crawlers but I am not a fan. Im going to look for a 5 speed for it.

Back