Good time at E-Town

Brian K

Everyone,

The weekend was good (Cold...) at E-Town this weekend. Bettina and I took her car up for some end of the year tuning and testing.
Sam & Shannon followed us up and got some new things in their 99 L(I'll let them talk about that...) and his first ever runs at the track.

Anyway, we did T&T at Etown on fri night and saturday.

Bettina had some "Interesting" happenings that I want her to discuss as a 21 sec video is tooooo long to put in MPEG. Lets just say that traction wasn't the best.

I did get a new best in her 01 GT Auto...13.74 @ 97.46....

JDM and I have been working on just 4.10's, K&N OEM filter and JDM Chip in the mustangs. We finally got the speedo correct and the car is driving much, much better...

Thanks to Sam & Shannon, JDM(everyone) and those that were at the track.

Bettina...Tell us your story
wink.gif

Jim....I promise I will stop calling about the speedo now....

Note: Maybe the car will be a tad quicker next spring
wink.gif
wink.gif

Later

------------------
Brian K
NVLOPE Prezident <A HREF="http://www.nvlope.org

99" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nvlope.org

99</A> Black L
12.45 @ 109

Brian,

Glad to see you had a good time, I would have come along with you, but I had to work...imagine that!!!!

I am also glad to see Sam and Shannon finally made it to the track and got their first runs!!! Maybe they would be interested in my slicks!!!!

Well, let me know if you have any other events planned and I will see if I can make it!!!

------------------
Team JDM East
2000 Black Lightning
4,808lbs full trim weight
4,750lbs race trim weight
14.026@97.12--Bone Stock
12.92@105.46--Best time!!
New Times Coming Soon!!!!!!!
----MODS----
01' tail lights
Lebra Tonneau
NGK TR-6s
Full Mobil 1 synthetic oil treatment
JDM 90mm MAF
JDM Oil Breather
JDM Flip Chip Street/strip
JDM Lower Pulley
JDM Electric fan
JDM Line Mod Valve
JDM Driveshaft Loop
JDM 5" Aluminum Driveshaft
JDM #1 upper pulley
JDM 4X4 trans Sump Pan
& 4X4 Trans Filter Kit
170 thermostat
Cobra R water pump
2" drop shackles
NVLOPE--Activities Chairman
Northern Virginia Lightning Owners & Performance Enthusiasts
tunedbyJDM.jpg

Statistics show that BLACK is the fastest!!

Hi everyone as Brian mentioned before I did my frist ever Run this weekend in E-town.First run Friday was Bone stock except for filter. It was: 13.554@101.10mph. Seconnd run on Saturday was13.332@106.23mph. The new go fast mods are: 2lb lower pulley, 90mm MAF& Chip. Time will get better once I get my launches down.Sam
biggrin.gif

------------------
Red 99L #1069 of 4000,JDM chip,JDM 2lb. lower pulley,90mm MAF,Lightning hitchcover,Custom Lightning floormats,Tinted windows, Bedrug, A.R.E LS 2 with wing, V1 with remote,JL stage 2 Ram Air,Clear corners,Billet Lightning pedals,Billet third brake light cover

Hi,

Alright if the curiosity hasn't killed anyone yet, here is the story about my runs at E-town.

Basically, I lost control or skidded on Friday night. The track wasn't that great and right after the launch my car started to fish tail a bit. Quite scary
frown.gif
for me anyway, since this had never happened at the track.

Needless to say, after that I decided to play it safe and cruised down the track at 55MPH which of course I got a 21 second time. (Brian you post the video and you will be severely injured!!)

On Saturday I tried it again and got enough nerve to run it faster but did not break any records. But I think now I have enough courage again to race down the track
smile.gif

Thanks to JDM for fixing the speedometer....now the car actually registers the right speed which for someone like me speedy is very necessary.

One thing to mention from this trip was witnessing and filming the fastest stock "L" I have ever seen. This was Sam and Shannon's “L” running at 13.5. When Sam ran it on Friday night, it only had a filter. Everyone thought he had more mods and we were all like "no" it's pretty much stock with a filter. Go figure, I guess the theory that some trucks stock are faster than others must apply on this picture.

So until next time, See ya!

------------------
Bettina K.
01 Mustang GT
Automatic
4.10 Gears
JDM Chip
K&N OEM Filter
13.97 @ 98.83

Well tiny B it will take some learning when you start sliding on how to turn the wheel and keep going. You will be ok.

Vinny

------------------
93 Mustang conv. 15.25@91.66, 911 Mustang, 69 pickup, 69 Mustang

Hey Sam, great run(s)! How do you like the new mods?

I notice that there are only two NVLOPE members that haven't run at the track yet.

Brian, how about posting the fishtail portion of the teeny ones run (but don't tell Bettina).

later,
Ed

Vinny,

As you know, spinning aint winning......

Once the run is screwed, you should just let out and call it a scrub.............

Ed, I would hate for that video to appear if you know what I am saying
wink.gif

later

------------------
Brian K
NVLOPE Prezident <A HREF="http://www.nvlope.org

99" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nvlope.org

99</A> Black L
12.45 @ 109

Ed,

Brian knows better not to post the video... or else!!

Ed, it seems to me next year is your year to go down the racetrack
smile.gif
Make us proud!!

Until next time.....

------------------
Bettina K.
01 Mustang GT
Automatic
4.10 Gears
JDM Chip
K&N OEM Filter
13.97 @ 98.83

[This message has been edited by Tiny b (edited 11-20-2001).]

Ed, the new mods are great. It's just going to be a long winter now since I won't be able to run again until next spring
frown.gif

------------------
Red 99L #1069 of 4000,JDM chip,JDM 2lb. lower pulley,90mm MAF,Lightning hitchcover,Custom Lightning floormats,Tinted windows, Bedrug, A.R.E LS 2 with wing, V1 with remote,JL stage 2 Ram Air,Clear corners,Billet Lightning pedals,Billet third brake light cover

Uh oh....someones addicted!!! I told ya it would be fun!!!

I got your slicks for ya!!!!

------------------
Team JDM East
2000 Black Lightning
4,808lbs full trim weight
4,750lbs race trim weight
14.026@97.12--Bone Stock
12.92@105.46--Best time!!
New Times Coming Soon!!!!!!!
----MODS----
01' tail lights
Lebra Tonneau
NGK TR-6s
Full Mobil 1 synthetic oil treatment
JDM 90mm MAF
JDM Oil Breather
JDM Flip Chip Street/strip
JDM Lower Pulley
JDM Electric fan
JDM Line Mod Valve
JDM Driveshaft Loop
JDM 5" Aluminum Driveshaft
JDM #1 upper pulley
JDM 4X4 trans Sump Pan
& 4X4 Trans Filter Kit
170 thermostat
Cobra R water pump
2" drop shackles
NVLOPE--Activities Chairman
Northern Virginia Lightning Owners & Performance Enthusiasts
tunedbyJDM.jpg

Statistics show that BLACK is the fastest!!

No I'm not really addicted I just want to make it into the 12's. After that I'll probably only run on special occasions like FFW or F-150 online day. Sorry you couldn't make it to the last cruise in. Geuss we'll see you next year. Oh yea one more thing it was FUN. Later, Sam

------------------

Back