going with the Vortech...few questions first

S

SimplyRed

Hey all,
Got a few questions. Hoping to get my S-trim in about 2 months or so but I wanted to know a few things about the subliminary things that I have to do to the truck so that it will run good off the boost. My plans are 24lb injectors, Hoooker Super Comp headers, and gutted catalytic converters. My biggest question is what type of ignition should I run. I know that I will have to retard the timing so should I go with the MSD that automatically does this with the boost or can I just manually retard the timing and run the 6AL kit? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated and if there are any more suggestions to add to this, those would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks in advance.
Jason N.
95 Red 3225

The Vortech kit comes with everything you need ignition/boost retard, If you use
24# injectors you will need a custom chip or mass air run to them, I would just stick with the 19s and 12-1 FMU that comes with the kit then if you want to up the boost go chip or mass air at that time... The Headers and Cat pipe should help the power a bit...

Good luck!
Dave P.

Yeah, after further consideration, I am also considering the Powerdyne kit. Reason being is the almost 1000.00 difference. Does it also come with the same 3/36k warranty and all the parts that I need like the Vortech kit? I have also decided not to gut the cats and just buy the Bassani X-pipe. I dont know what I was thinking with the cats. Oh well, thanks for the input!
Jason N.
95 red #225

Stay away from PowerDyne. Junk, Junk, Junk.
I had one on my Mustang. Failed 3 times with just normal street driving. I have 2 friends with PD and we had 10 failures out of 3 units in 2 years. I sold it for cheap and got the Vortech. I got tired of waiting for the PD timebomb under the hood.

Back