Goals for 2015!

harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Okay guys, this is tradition....post up your 2015 goals, and how you faired meeting your 2014 goals!

2009 Goals:
Delaware Valley Lightning Owners

2010 Goals:

2011 Goals:

2012 Goals:

2013 Goals:

2014 Goals:

My 2014 was lots of wrenching, and lots of getting back on my feet. With such a roller coaster of a year though between refreshing the motor, refreshing the rear and going back to 3.55's from 3.73's, then snapping the driveshaft, which took out the trans, so refreshed the converter too, I wasn't too aggressive on the truck this year. Still managed a 9.99 on my last pass of the season with 2 lbs less boost and 2-3* less timing in warmer air and a head wind compared to my 9.89 pass from the year prior so I was pretty happy with accomplishing that and putting the truck away for the year running.

Also had a good time racing the Raptor in 2014 winning the NMRA True Street 15 second SVT class at MIR for the 2nd year in a row lol. Unfortunately didn't flip any Lightnings this past year, but I did do a good amount of side wiring work under "HDCircuitry" building battery cable kits and other wiring stuff for Lightnings on a couple months I had some spare time. Trying to get on LR as a site supporter for 2015 so I can continue to offer a few things to the L community when I get free time.

My 2014 goals in blue....

My goals for 2014, crack the 800/900 club on the refreshed combo (was 789/871 before so only 11 hp 29 tq shy), and I'll be happy just running consistent 9.8-9.9's and mid 1.3 sixties, but my next target is 9.80 which I believe is the fastest all-boost 2.6 KB record in a Lightning held by 10secwhite04

Check, partial check, and somewhat check! Refreshed combo put down 820/875 so +31 hp and +4 tq on the same pulley combo, same timing, etc. Ran a 9.99 on a softer combo than my 9.89 in lesser conditions, although haven't gotten back down to 1.3 sixties, need to relearn how to launch it on 3.55's!

The 9.80 target for fastest all boost KB record though fell out of reach though not once, not twice, but three times this year when Steve Martin lowered it at MIR in September, then lowered it again at Atco in October, then a guy in Texas lowered it even more in November to a deep 9.7. Don't think my big ol' limo will be touching that.

Mod for this year are a new CF hood, CF front fenders, and hopefully stifflers comes out with their tubular LCAs so I can get UCA/LCAs and have Gambino build me a power rack, shedding that nose weight!

CF hood check, CF fenders check, stifflers LCAs hahaha STILL waiting for them to come out, so haven't done a Gambino power rack either. I did pick up a set of dark stars for the street with 315 MTs, which necessitated brake mods so I picked up a full aerospace street/drag kit that sheds nearly 100 lbs.

2015 is here! POST UP YOUR GOALS FOR 2015!!!

My 2015 goals are to get the aerospace brakes on, get the darkstars and MTs on for street use, and get the CF front clip painted. Not aiming to lower my PB this year as a specific goal. If it happens it happens, but I'll be running my same slightly detuned combo that I ran at Spookfest for the JLP Cecil event in the spring and hoping for another high 9 just to be consistent and have a running truck to enjoy throughout the spring & summer. Fall I'll probably have the itch to go back to my standard 25 lb/16* race tune and see if I can snag a new PB but I'm not trying to push it much further just yet lol. Looking more to enjoy driving it more this year after spending most of 2014 just wrenching on it!

2014 was a great year for us. My goal was to set a new Outlaw street record, Ibeam front suspension record and possibly get on the top 15 fastest lightning list. We accomplished all of this and ran a few high 8s passes along the way. We also place second at Dyno Wars with 1,099 rwhp.

This year we hope to put on a heck of a show at Dyno Wars III in less that two weeks and hopefully come home with a win. I would love to run a mid 8s pass this season but may be limited by my current suspension set up. We are making enough power now, but the weight of the truck and traction/60' issues will make that task challenging.

Thats just wrong. Lol. We need a truck again bc im now that guy that has to borrow a truck when I need one. So she agrees with me to get it up and running again. Only this time the way I want

She bought that? You've got yourself a keeper!!

My goal is to not break. lol. Its a weird feeling having the only road worthy Gen-1 in the DelVallo area..... ;k

2015 goals
Enjoy my truck more
make it to more get togethers
run 11.5s on the street tune
run 10s on the eaton
set the eaton all boost record
scare the **** out of everyone that sits in the passenger seat

2015 goals
Enjoy my truck more
make it to more get togethers
run 11.5s on the street tune
run 10s on the eaton
set the eaton all boost record
scare the **** out of everyone that sits in the passenger seat

They are some great goals.

I'll just be happy to make a pass in 2015. Planning some changes and don't know if it will be done this season.

thanks guys I believe I can met my goals this year
we shall see

Paul you know my number if you need a hand or I can help out give me a shout

Back