Getting the Red/Black 93 Back on the Road?

Wait, what?
Oh yah! I know I'm crazy. :ROFLMAO: 😁.

My "Chuck luck" doesn't just apply to the Lightning, oh no, it applies to the Mustang too. My Dad helped me buy the car when I was 18 back in 91, I was really into drag racing. I started to get more serious around late 92-93-ish. I had the car in a shop and had it caged and 9" rear installed and then they closed the shop. I lost nearly everything for the car (headers/exhaust, trans/BH/clutch/driveshaft, fuel system, complete HVAC system, dash, wiring harnesses from the dash forward, cooling system, engine accessories, etc. So I'm starting from scratch. But, it's still a sub-20k mile, mint, original paint and 95% original black interior 91 GT. The car has been in storage for over 20 years, I turned "old" in Decemeber and decided I don't want to miss it anymore because Im not getting younger.

So the Lightning has to share the wallet with the Foxbody.

I'm gradually adopting a YOLO attitude myself. I grew up pretty poor, so I've always been a "must save today because you might not be able to tomorrow" type. At what point does that stop?

I'm gradually adopting a YOLO attitude myself. I grew up pretty poor, so I've always been a "must save today because you might not be able to tomorrow" type. At what point does that stop?

You have to be able to balance savings with wants. I think most of us are in our 40's-50's+ and are starting to realize we only have so many good years on this planet so let's have some fun! Still gotta put $ away, build the 401k/investments, etc but it's time to play too. My Mom only made it to 50, whereas my Grandma lived to be 96 so you just never know what's around the next corner.

I've thought about it and I could have one over-the-top vehicle, or I can have 2- well above average classic Fords that have a lot of memories attached. If they aren't over the top in power or condition then I feel I'm more likely to actually drive and enjoy them.

I think most of us are in our 40's-50's+ and are starting to realize we only have so many good years on this planet so let's have some fun! …………. My Mom only made it to 50, whereas my Grandma lived to be 96 so you just never know what's around the next corner.

Very similar situations. My mom also died at 50 and my 90 year old Grandmom lives with me. I’m at the point of my kids starting to finish high school this year so college starts this summer.

My truck is in moth balls for a few more years.

Very similar situations. My mom also died at 50 and my 90 year old Grandmom lives with me. I’m at the point of my kids starting to finish high school this year so college starts this summer.

My truck is in moth balls for a few more years.
You got your race truck back, right?

You have to be able to balance savings with wants. I think most of us are in our 40's-50's+ and are starting to realize we only have so many good years on this planet so let's have some fun! Still gotta put $ away, build the 401k/investments, etc but it's time to play too. My Mom only made it to 50, whereas my Grandma lived to be 96 so you just never know what's around the next corner.

I've thought about it and I could have one over-the-top vehicle, or I can have 2- well above average classic Fords that have a lot of memories attached. If they aren't over the top in power or condition then I feel I'm more likely to actually drive and enjoy them.
Why I'm pushing so hard

My son will be 10 this year

I will be 40 soon. I just want to finish all projects and enjoy while I can. Tomorrow isn't promised

We can all make money , we can not make time

Why I'm pushing so hard

My son will be 10 this year

I will be 40 soon. I just want to finish all projects and enjoy while I can. Tomorrow isn't promised

We can all make money , we can not make time
I like that "We can all make money, we cannot make time"! Sums it up nicely.

I'm 10 years ahead of you so I get it.

Other than fixing the paint, I really don't have a lot I want to do with the red truck. The white, truck, though, may be about to undergo some changes. Nothing radical. I just want a bit more out of my daily driver. It needs to be faster than the wife's tuned Edge Sport (mid 13s).

I've also added a handling car to the stable because I want to start doing driving events again. The SS isn't a bad car, but it's huge, and frankly (how am I actually saying this), it has a scary amount of power. I wanted something smaller and stick shift and slightly less likely to kill myself in.

Not sure what you're considering Jeff, but do yourself a favor and get a 981 Boxster or Cayman! Even a base model is a fantastic car to drive, supremely balanced, and definitely not scary power. I love mine. I'd love a 718 Boxster GTS but the price is scary.

So whats your plan for the white truck?

I got an email update, sounds like actual work is taking place on my truck, maybe soon, maybe.

I bought an M2 Competition. I still wanted a back seat, or a Cayman would've been a serious consideration. I really wanted to like the Camaro, but I just couldn't stand sitting in it compared to the M2.

White truck is getting a cam and a turbo, still on the fence about finishing my mid-mount setup or another option.

Great choice! The M2 Comp is a great car. My dealer offered me an allocation on a 23 M2 and I'm very tempted. Too bad the color choices are a bit underwhelming.

So 2 email updates on the truck in 2 days! I may actually see it again soon! I'm glad I had the entire fuel system replaced (minus tank and pump), the last shop that put the old system in apparently did a worse job than I thought. Today they discovered there's a check valve installed after the pump, and it was installed backwards. So how did the truck run, shouldn't that have prevented fuel from getting to the motor

PICTURES!!!!! They sent me 2- pics tonight! I haven't seen the truck in 18 months, I'm so excited to see something! Looks like the new fuel system is coming along, and they found hardware to mount the GT40 cover. They also found that the upper has 2- metric and 2- standard bolts for the throttle body. I have no idea why, and I probably am better off not knowing. But, I'm just happy now to see evidence that it still exists. 😁 IMG_8393.jpegIMG_8384.jpeg

Great choice! The M2 Comp is a great car. My dealer offered me an allocation on a 23 M2 and I'm very tempted. Too bad the color choices are a bit underwhelming.

The only color I really liked was the sunburst orange, which is almost the same as the "Some Like It Hot Red" on my Chevy. I got Hockenheim, which has a nice pearl to it at night, but is pretty blah in daylight. Color wasn't particularly meaningful to me, except no black. Stick shift was the real important factor.

I've owned a few M cars in the past, but had lost interest in them because of bloat. The dynamics of this car remind me a lot of the ZCP '11 sedan I had, except it lacks the telepathic steering and wail of the V8.

Glad to see there's pictures!! Real movement!

That surface rust is already bothering me. I might have to get some POR-15 and get under the truck this spring. ;)

Back