Getting the Red/Black 93 Back on the Road?

I have had my hopes up for the past 2 weeks. Both weekends the truck was supposed to be fired up and shaken down. I emailed a few days ago asking if it will still be ready this weekend, today I got a response saying the owner will be emailing me back. Weird, really weird. I've got some not-so-great vibes right now, why could the service writer just give me a status update? I hope its still in one piece.

Here’s to hoping it’s good news, but it is a little weird.

Latest news as of yesterday, my truck will "for sure be ready by Thanksgiving". Hmmmm, feel like I've heard that before. We're at 15 months now.

You guys were right, I'm sure there's nothing I couldn't have done or figured out myself in this amount of time. Although, the torque converter not fully seated issue would've been hard to figure out. But I like to think that I would've fully seated the converter, but who knows.

History.

Always know which truck is Chuck's.
0855e13223a341c43f2f2bdbd2856965.jpg

Last edited:
History.

Always know which truck is Chuck's.
0855e13223a341c43f2f2bdbd2856965.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
I'm definitely saving that pic! There might have been 2, or 3 things that gave the owner of the truck, me away, LOL! :ROFLMAO: But hey, there's never been another one like it (I'm sure there's a few who think that's a good thing 😁)!

I've got a few pics from LF, that looks like one of mine or darn similar. Let me find them

They're both from the WFC at Gateway, likely the same pass.
I always called it Lightningfest, but I guess this was when Dwight was doing it along with WFC? My memory is foggy on that part. However I do remember Jerry and Justin's truck along with the, ahem, knee incident...

My guess is this was in '00. It's lumped in with my '99 pictures, but it can't be, because the '99 WFC was in Joliet at Route 66. I have pictures of Chuck at that one, too. It's pretty funny how that truck stands out so prominently from the pack. The knee incident was at Heartland in Topeka in '04.

Keith (@Copperhead) mentioned that one advantage of a custom paint job is you always know which truck is yours. It's one reason I'm thinking about doing a candy apple wrap on my '95. I get tired of trying to pick it out of a sea of red, and right now the "tri color" makes it very easy to tell that it's my truck. ;)

Lightnings are so rare as it is, but at a gathering like WFC back in the day I never had to look twice or give a second thought to where my truck was. Even my 91 GT is easy to spot, it's still got its original paint 31 years later, but Titanium Frost was pretty rare on Mustangs. I like to be different, what can I say! 😁 I honestly love seeing these old pics! So what year was the "mustang incident", 2002?

In preparation for the truck coming home after over 15 months, and hopefully the Foxbody next year, I did some "remodeling in the old garage. I like it. But, the floor really stands out and needs to be epoxied, all 1200'.

IMG_6989.jpgIMG_6992.jpgIMG_6991.jpg

The saga continues. :confused:

on 11/3/22 - "X says the Lightning will be back to you by Thanksgiving at the latest. He is still working alone with a helper and doing what he can. Thank you for your patience.

then 11/15/22 - After waiting 7-days for a reply "No information to update on the Lightning at this time. Will talk with X when there is time."

I understand and even sympathize since 2 guys can only do so much work and they are trying. But, we're going on 16 months now and crap weather is quickly approaching up here. I don't want to have it out in snow, rain, salt, or other BS conditions!

Last edited:
The saga continues. :confused:

on 11/3/22 - "X says the Lightning will be back to you by Thanksgiving at the latest. He is still working alone with a helper and doing what he can. Thank you for your patience.

then 11/15/22 - After waiting 7-days for a reply "No information to update on the Lightning at this time. Will talk with X when there is time."

I understand and even sympathize since 2 guys can only do so much work and they are trying. But, we're going on 16 months now and crap weather is quickly approaching up here. I don't want to have it out in snow, rain, salt, or other BS conditions!

Well if they are going to keep it to finish I would DEMAND that they keep it clean and dry inside at no charge to you!!!

Back