Getting the Red/Black 93 Back on the Road?

That crossed my mind. I guess they could remove the driveshaft, unbolt the trans from the cross-member and then pull the engine? Or, worst case, pull the engine and trans together assuming there's enough room, and then separate the engine from the trans on the ground? Or just crush it...

Maybe it's better to mesh with modern cars? I have a BMW M240i on order and there's already someone who put on a cattted downpipe, and a piggy back "tuner" and ran in the 11.3's. Total parts investment of maybe $1500. And the cars only been out since November.

Last edited:
Total weekend street/strip, cruiser. It's never been a daily, still only has 28k miles since new.

I'm more of a DIY type when it comes to hobbies, especially with these trucks...way too much knowledge & experience here to tap if I get into a bind. If you're able to cut your losses & work on it yourself, then bringing it back may be a better option.

'3rd engine in 50 miles' doesn't sound like a very promising 'rate hole' to be running down. Good luck.

There is NO reason any motor should seize after a only a few months. If it was assembled correctly, there's plenty of oil on the cylinder walls of a fresh built to prevent any kind of rust. There should be enough assembly lube on the crank journals to smoothly launch a battleship.

Engines seize from overheating screwing up the clearances until things bind, or from mechanical damage, not from sitting.

Has to be that the torque converter isn't seated correctly on the pump and they need to stop trying to force it.

Jeff for the win. They pulled the trans today and the motor turns over normally now. Trans is being sent out to be inspected to make sure there was no damage to the front pump, etc. These guys did not install the engine. Hopefully the trans is OK! I'm fairly OK if it needs a new converter.

I'm more of a DIY type when it comes to hobbies, especially with these trucks...way too much knowledge & experience here to tap if I get into a bind. If you're able to cut your losses & work on it yourself, then bringing it back may be a better option.

'3rd engine in 50 miles' doesn't sound like a very promising 'rate hole' to be running down. Good luck.
So the 3 engines in 50 miles goes back at least 15, if not closer to 20 years now, but the truck has maybe gone 1500 miles in that time. Engine #1 was the stock engine, engine #2 was the initial stroker build that sucked in grit from powder coating (sand blasting) and wiped a cylinder, engine #3 was the rebuild but the shop made some mistakes and had to redo things like bearings and rings.

I used to be pretty hands on when I was younger. I feel I did some good work, and some things didn't turn out as I'd hoped. I reached a point where I was tired of the truck sitting, my "skills" had become rusty and I wanted things done "right". I believe the shop the trucks at is doing things properly and to a higher standard, I hope this will all work out in the end. It'd be nice to save those dollars, no argument! Id probably be more willing if I had any buddies who were car guys, I have one friend who I'd call a car-guy but he has almost no wrenching experience.

Update, trans is back and the pump was damaged. $450 later it has a new pump, bushing, and seal, fortunately, no other damage. The trans should go back in in the near future, and there are a few more fittings they need to get for the new fuel system. It may actually fire up (still on mass-air) in the next "few weeks".

Update, trans is back and the pump was damaged. $450 later it has a new pump, bushing, and seal, fortunately, no other damage. The trans should go back in in the near future, and there are a few more fittings they need to get for the new fuel system. It may actually fire up (still on mass-air) in the next "few weeks".
Glad it wasn't too bad! Looking forward to it getting started up

Since late February I have managed 1 response out of the shop with some minor updates. End of next month will be 1 year that they've had my truck, seems a bit excessive to do an inspection, clean up wiring, get running and redo the front half of the fuel system even with the "bumps in the road" we faced. Anyway, just venting. I think its just their truck now :ROFLMAO:. On a positive note, the extra garage space has been nice, and I think my wife forgot it exists cuz she hasn't even asked about it in at least 6+ months.

Since late February I have managed 1 response out of the shop with some minor updates. End of next month will be 1 year that they've had my truck, seems a bit excessive to do an inspection, clean up wiring, get running and redo the front half of the fuel system even with the "bumps in the road" we faced. Anyway, just venting. I think its just their truck now :ROFLMAO:. On a positive note, the extra garage space has been nice, and I think my wife forgot it exists cuz she hasn't even asked about it in at least 6+ months.

Rediculous bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely give them a call during business hours and ask some questions. Busy or not they should give you an update. even if they say they haven't touched it that would be an update. I don't understand how these shops stay in business like that.

I would definitely give them a call during business hours and ask some questions. Busy or not they should give you an update. even if they say they haven't touched it that would be an update. I don't understand how these shops stay in business like that.
I don't know if they've lost interest in the job? I think they are leaning more towards late model stuff, and Air Ride suspension setups now, but I see other old-school rides on their FB page. I understand everyone is busy these days, but take a few minutes at the end of the day to answer emails or call customers!

Back