Gen III News

Was at the Ford Dealership test driving new trucks and lo and behold they had an engineer there. He was not an SVT engineer he stated, but told me when I asked why Raptor over new street performance truck ie. Lightning, he told me both were on the drawing board before Raptor came out and I should expect the announcement of a new SVT truck in later half of 2012. One could only hope for a 6.2 supercharged version of our famous LIGHTNING.:heart:

The only thing about a new Lightning is that to even compare to the gen 2 it would have to be like a TVS 650 horsepower truck to compensate for size and weight. To make it better than a gen 2 it would have to be unbelievably powered. Like a 70 thousand dollar compound boost 6.2 or something crazy...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hennessey may also be doing a 2012 upgrade version of the 6.2 single cab. That means possible turbos.

Holy mother of God...If they announce a gen 3 is coming out, Im selling everything I own (except my 93) and buying one. Come hell or high water.

I have heard that Dodge is coming out with a stripped down short bed truck with a Hemi in it and some suspension upgrades. Cheby has there SS trucks so, in my opinion it's only a matter of time before Ford jumps back in to the street truck market to compete with the other big two. I can't say that I would be all excited and go out and TRY to buy one but, it's cool none the less! Supposedly, this stripped down Dodge is suppose to be priced under $23k and kinda more like a platform for guys to build fast street trucks. Kinda like what used to be done back in the early days with the muscle cars.Stripped down vehicles with big ole' engines for cheap. I wasn't really able to get an answer about the suspension though. And as we all know that was the major draw back with the Viper trucks and what not. But, if they are selling a short bed truck with a high HP engine and some more street friendly suspension for under $23k,that will be cool. Not that I would rush out and buy one of these either but, it's cool! A turn in the right direction for us street truck guys and maybe other will follow suit.(IE:Ford with a new L)

Gen 3

Well we have new motors to play with and plenty of real estate for 4 valves on the 2 valve, 6.2 Heads. Where's Shelby man. Probably sell more trucks than stangs so economy of scale is there...Supposedly a 5.8 w/ TVS coming to shelby/ GT500 anyway... So 4 valves and you are mostly there. Ecoboost is an option. All of these would suck fuel tho. We can only hope. Sign me up!:eek:ldtu:

As cool as it sounds and as much as I would love to see it; I don't think it would be the same. By the time they cram all the premium seats, leather wrap everything, over load it with heated/cooled cup holders and all the other **** on new cars and trucks now it's going to weight the same as a Raptor.

Or they could keep it strong and somewhat light like the Gen 2's. Then we just have another thing on the road making our trucks look even more dated, slow and run there value down further. Just my two cents.

Back