Gen 3 Forum

Can't wait to see all the can I add a supercharger to my Lightning posts! :thumbup:

It's funny because Tesla calls their stations Superchargers :D I am sure there will be aftermarket quick charge cables for them as well LOL

haha! Kinda like that electric Porsche with the Turbo badge! I swear these companies don't care about cars anymore. Just budgets and market growth. :no:

I’m keeping a open mind. After riding in a Tesla, which is by far the fastest vehicle I’ve ever been in, I’m waiting to see. Plus I’ve been wanting to buy a new vehicle for a few years. This could be it?

I’m keeping a open mind. After riding in a Tesla, which is by far the fastest vehicle I’ve ever been in, I’m waiting to see. Plus I’ve been wanting to buy a new vehicle for a few years. This could be it?

I got lucky enough to test drive a decked out dual motor model S and the sales kid turned on Ludicrous mode. That was crazy from a dead stop.

I got lucky enough to test drive a decked out dual motor model S and the sales kid turned on Ludicrous mode. That was crazy from a dead stop.

I think what makes it feel crazy is that it's all the torque but silent. Make sit feel more than it really is. Nothing like dumping the clutch at 5500rpm on slicks in my Mach 1 and banging my helmet off seat at launch! Violence!

I think what makes it feel crazy is that it's all the torque but silent. Make sit feel more than it really is. Nothing like dumping the clutch at 5500rpm on slicks in my Mach 1 and banging my helmet off seat at launch! Violence!

Yeah to me it felt like an amusement park ride, nothing like sounds, smell, and like you said the general violence of a internal combustion hot rod.

And unlike a gas powered vehicle, with the electric, range is cut down big time when you drive it like you stole it. Or when you turn on the lights, heater, ac ,radio, rear window defogger, etc. Everything cuts down the range considerably. And you can't just pull into the nearest station and charge it in five minutes. Funny, the NHRA is adding an electric class to drag racing. What fun, no smell, sound, just whoosh and away we go. Thanks, but no thanks. I love my Lightning with the MP blower and cogs, LOUD is the key word.

Also I don't trust the batteries. A lot of teslas have burnt to the ground just sitting there. There was one in a repair lot, not even turned on, just sitting there. Burned itself to the ground and took out the cars on either side of it. Two full trucks of teslas burned to a crisp on the highway in Nevada, on the way to the East Coast for overseas shipment. Here recently, a tesla burnt to a crisp in Texas, and the two occupants were unable to exit the vehicle due to some electronic malady. They burnt to a crisp with the car. There's a lot more than that. Last time Zero Hedge posted the numbers, I saw something like over 300 have just erupted into flames for no apparent reason. And when you consider the tesla "battery" is nothing more than near 8000 Double A sized lithium ion batteries, joined together in series and parallel, all it takes is one of them to develop a short, then WHOOSH, the car burns to the ground. Lithium ion batteries can be lethal. I know some guys who fly radio control models, and when they charge them, they put the charger and batteries in a 50 caliber ammo box. There's videos on YouTube of those type batteries going full tilt KABOOM! Drive a car with them? Are you nuts? I won't even park next to of the fool things.

No thanks! I'll pass on that.

Yeah to me it felt like an amusement park ride, nothing like sounds, smell, and like you said the general violence of a internal combustion hot rod.

Exactly! My big block mopar would have issues keeping up with a Tesla and a hell cat but I sure as hell out "cool" them rowing through the gears feeling like its going to twist the car in half while that engine screams......pure American muscle!

Makes me sick hearing them talk about the "new f150 "Lightning"" now we have to listen to a bunch of idiots saying "yeah I have a Lightning too". We gotta be dreaming guys! Lol

No one even flinches anymore about "Cobra" on a Mustang, and while that's still a special edition, it's nothing like the car it stole the name from...

No one even flinches anymore about "Cobra" on a Mustang, and while that's still a special edition, it's nothing like the car it stole the name from...
62 AC/Ace Cobra or 68 Mustang Cobra GT350? Guess it depends on which one you feel is OG and which one is not.

I was referring to the AC. Don't forget Ford stuck that name on the '78 "King Cobra" as well!

I'm just saying it's not the first time marketing has appropriated a name.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back