Gen 2 lower control arms

Jackflash

I recently changed my lower control arms and replaced the springs which were both broken at the bottom. I had some 2inch lowering springs so I fit those now my wheels are catching my A arms on full lock, I have since realised I may have fitted standard F150 arms , what is the difference between the standard arms and the Lightning arms and could that be the cause of the rubbing.
Frustrated>

i'm not a gen2 guy, but if the contact is occurring at full steering lock, is the steering bump stop located on the lower control arm? if so, perhaps it's a different size or in a different location from the original bump stop on the arm you removed? this could allow the wheel to turn sharper than it used to. this is simply a guess at your problem. maybe it will help, maybe not. bump stops are different on gen1 trucks compared to to std f150's, simply as a reference.

Far as I'm aware, the upper's and lower's are standard F-150 arms. The truck is slightly lower stock due to different springs and the low profile tires.

Thanks for the reply's, bump stops are on lower control arm, it's really made a dogs dinner of the inside of my passenger side wheel rim. I fitted camber bolts also and the alignment guy says he cannot set the camber on passenger side. Maybe raise the truck back up with spring spacers and see what happens.

I sent you a pm to another site where you'll get a lot more response. This site is kind of very slow on Gen. 2 stuff. It's great for Gen. 1's though.

Last edited:
Back