Gen 1 pics post 'em up

Hello everyone my name is Jonathan Díaz. I have a Ford F-150 1994 xl. My brother got the truck around 7 years ago and around a year ago it was passed down to me. Ever since I was little I’ve always fell in love with the Ford lightning 1gen. This truck was the closest thing I’ve ever had or seeing one. I got the truck a senior in high school and I would drive it to school and made a ton of memories with it. I want to clone it. My brother does not support this he says why clone it. It’s not going to hold the same value as a real lightning. I know that and later on down the road I want to purchase a real one. But for right now I want to clone the one I have. It has OEM 1st gen wheels. It has a 300i6 with a 5speed manual. I want to build this truck a street truck to be exact. Me and a good buddy of mine and planning on 351w swapping it. I just haven’t found one. I’m from a small town called Arvin it’s about 20 minutes from Bakersfield California. I got on here to get some tips from real lightning owner and also help the best way I can. I hope to share this build with all of y’all. Thank
ceb476bce7f52e0da564e76f85583dc4.jpg

you!
55d149e85a83223192349a1669258d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New psd bumper, valance, headlight bezels, and grill. I painted them over weekend. Just pulled hood and wiper cowl so I can paint those too. Also really need to paint the bumper trim between grill and bumper.

Funny, it's so been in my head that your truck was white!

Scrolling back and noticing that some of the trucks don't have the rear sliders. Man, I don't know how you can live without that. If it's between ~35 and 90 degrees, I've got the slider open (and the windows if it's > 65) living like it's a convertible. Maybe I need a sun roof installed, too!

Went to a local cars and coffee. And this black 93 pulled in shortly after me. Didn't get a chance to chat with him this time but I've talk with him before at a show when I didn't have my lightning.
6af80b2608e723fc93bca6b957265197.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back