Gen 1 Lightning seats

oilwell1415

I'm looking for a set of Gen 1 Lightning seats for a project. They will be reupholstered, so condition of the upholstery is not important as long as they are complete and functional. I'm in Oklahoma and don't mind a bit of a drive to pick them up. Let me know what you've got.

Just throwing it out there, since you plan to reupholster. It may be cheaper and easier to find 1994-ish explorer XLT leather seat that needs reupholster and use it. If I am not mistaken, they are the same seat but only different material?

Katz-WFO71-2.jpg

Just throwing it out there, since you plan to reupholster. It may be cheaper and easier to find 1994-ish explorer XLT leather seat that needs reupholster and use it. If I am not mistaken, they are the same seat but only different material?
I looked at those and thought it looked like the mounting points were different. I've also heard that the Eddie Bauer F-150s had the same seat, but I haven't had any luck finding one of those either.

Hi I have a very nice set just need cleaned I bought them from Jamie years ago I spent 600 on them I also have many other things from Jamie's old truck and others I suppose it's time I have an entire 94 I had an accident with and cant decide on dismantling it or selling it out right its crashed frame is bent. PM me I guess we should talk.

Hi I have a very nice set just need cleaned I bought them from Jamie years ago I spent 600 on them I also have many other things from Jamie's old truck and others I suppose it's time I have an entire 94 I had an accident with and cant decide on dismantling it or selling it out right its crashed frame is bent. PM me I guess we should talk.
PM sent.

I looked at those and thought it looked like the mounting points were different. I've also heard that the Eddie Bauer F-150s had the same seat, but I haven't had any luck finding one of those either.
I have the seat complete with center seat and mounting platform .. let me know if your interested I'll get some pic's to send

Im in SW Fla just east of Ft. Myers 33936 .. It's a ride .. I also have a tube bumper that just needs some paint . I'll get them out of my storage shed and send you some pic's while you plot your course ...

View attachment 102800
Do you know of anyone that successfully recovered the leather explorer seats with lightning material?

Right that's what I thought. How are these guys planning on recovering seats if that's the case? Do modern upholsterers have any scanning equipment that can recreate anything?

Thankfully, these seem to be some of the best seats Ford ever made. They're about as durable as mule hide. I think they're my favorite seats out of all the vehicles I've owned.

I just got back in after many years away from the group. First post back. I have both sets of seat and they are very close but the backs on the lighting seats are a little wider than the explorer seats. Hoping to integrate the power explorer seat mechanicals with the lighting seats. Won't be a direct bolt in job but should'nt require much rework. I'm in wichita. When I have a couple of sets of original seats so when I'm done I will have an extra set.

Would be nice to have some idea of the process for the seat controls since so many of our seats give up the lumbar and bolsters after a while. Otherwise, the Gen 1 seats are probably my favorite ever in any vehicle I've owned.

Back