GB FOR APS SHEET METAL INTAKES - sign up here

driven to build

New setup to come...Again
There is a company called APS Racing Products ( http://www.apsracingproducts.com/intake_manifolds.html ) that makes intakes for our trucks out of Canada. I have contacted them and they agreed to make them in a group buy situation for the HD/L group.

The intake would be an aluminum sheet metal intake for the Eaton/MP or the KB 2.3 (add $20.00 for KB version). It will have a N2O/Methanol port on them and would ship to the group members via XPRESSPOST-USA/USPS. Shipping will be $35.00 anywhere in the U.S. 48.

You MUST be a paid member of NLOC or NHTOC to participate in this group purchase. (Meaning it must say “Paid Member” under your board name.) There will be no exceptions to this rule!

The cost would be as follows…..

Lot of five (5) $525.00 us
Lot of ten (10) $500.00 us
Lot of twenty (20) $475.00 us
add 3% Paypal fee + shipping cost

There is an additional $20.00 fee for the KB version due to the larger inlet for the cost of materials.

You have 4 choices for the intake, please indicate which one you want.
1 – Eaton/MP WITH EGR
2 – Eaton/MP NO EGR
3 – KB WITH EGR + $20.00 for KB
4 – KB NO EGR + $20.00 for KB
APS will now include a EGR block off plate and gasket at no charge if you want it.
If you do not want the APS logo on you intake please note it on your post.

The build time is 2-4 weeks depending on the time we hand over the GB manufacturing quantity.

I will keep the GB open until February 23th You must Paypal in your order to APS by February 26th. I will post the Paypal information up after we have a count on the GB

If you are in on this GB please list the following information.

CLUB:
USER NAME:
MEMBER NUMBER:
ZIP CODE:
INTAKE TYPE:

Example…

CLUB: NLOC
USER NAME: driven to build
MEMBER NUMBER: 1896
ZIP CODE: 53012
INTAKE TYPE: Eaton/MP WITH EGR

WHO'S IN

1. driven to build #1 no lettering + EGR block off plate with N2O and Meth ports (NLOC)
2. monsterpost #1 no lettering + EGR block off plate (NLOC)
3. bgstew6 #1 no lettering + EGR block off plate with N2O and Meth ports (NLOC)
4. 02Harley86 #1 no lettering + EGR block off plate (NHTOC)

Last edited:
I have the proto-type of that intake on my L. Fits okay, I guess. Had to put washers under the front bolt holes. I'm sure that's been addressed since then, though.

doctorjj said:
I have the proto-type of that intake on my L. Fits okay, I guess. Had to put washers under the front bolt holes. I'm sure that's been addressed since then, though.

Dont you have the L from whats his name, (I forget now), from semi-northern Cali?.. Stan

I have an APS plenum and the craftsmanship and fabrication are top-notch. I told APS what I wanted and they built it to exact spec without any props or anything else. I was amazed. Since then, I have referred several other guys over and to this date, not a complaint yet.

To adress the issue above ... prototype, it is what it is but I promise you now, if you have a problem, APS will fix it with no heartache. He even made that promise to me on a custom one-off plenum. Impressive if you ask me!

I am really pleased to see that the GB has been okay'd and is now available. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing and I would be placing my order like yesterday.

APS all the way!

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to bust APS' b@lls. I was just stating what I have. It's not too big of a deal. It just took some washers under the front mounting holes to get it to fit. Otherwise the fabrication and welding look top notch.

driven to build said:
Bob at APS told me no modification would be needed for the firewall on a KB.
Reason I ask is because this one looks hammered...:(
hpim12389ho.jpg

APS will be sending me a picture of the design change from the one pictured, it will NOT hit the firewall on a KB install with the design change. I will post the pic when I get it this evening.

driven to build said:
APS will be sending me a picture of the design change from the one pictured, it will NOT hit the firewall on a KB install with the design change. I will post the pic when I get it this evening.

Very good! I certainly do not want to hammer my firewall in to make it fit...Thanks

This one would have fit without the hammering. When I got the truck, the intake was still hitting the firewall, despite the previous hammering. I then slid the cab back about an 1" and got plenty of clearance. That's what should have been done in the first place, IMO. Every truck is different depending on where the factory put it together on the mounts. There is a lot of play in the cab bolts (probably some play in the motor mounts too). If yours was put together toward the back of the holes, then you probably won't have any clearance issues.

As for the intercooler fluid, it's orange. I run it with Water Wetter in it.

Last edited:
Back