FYI on aftermarket Lightning decals

To the others that commented it is GOOD that the LFP decal will stand up much better than the Graphics Express one.

Not knowing much about how they are made I'd have to guess the blue is actual blue vinyl or whatever the decal is made from and not colored over the reflective material.

Scott

Got the tailgate decal from LFP and finally got it installed. Hit it with Meguiars Quick Detailer, then Meguiars #9 swirl remover, then Meguiars Ultimate Compound. Didn't use a DA polisher with foam pad but rather a microfiber pad with vigorous rubbing. It stood up to the polishes !

Scott

Much improved. Good to know the LFP decal is a keeper.

LFP Side marker decals for 1993 thru 1995 Gen 1 Lightning

Our LFP side marker decals for 93-95 Lightning, unlike the ones coming from late model restoration, will hold up, are the same size as stock, and are more affordable.
And if you call in your order this week, you will receive and additional 10% ! Our kit includes the tailgate as well.
LFP side marker decal sets are in stock and Lightning Force Performance will ship same day if order is placed before 3:00 pm Central.

Merry Christmas to all. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
www.lightningforceperformance.com
American Muscle Is Alive And Well
" Check It Out "

Last edited:
Our LFP side marker decals for 93-95 Lightning, unlike the ones coming from late model restoration, will hold up, are the same size as stock, and are more affordable.
And if you call in your order this week, you will receive and additional 10% ! Our kit includes the tailgate as well.
LFP side marker decal sets are in stock and Lightning Force Performance will ship same day if order is placed before 3:00 pm Central.

Merry Christmas to all. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
Mustang Performance Parts | Dodge Performance Parts | Lightning Force Performance Parts Store
American Muscle Is Alive And Well
" Check It Out "

Thanks for the 10% off Mark and I've already ordered them from you. Have a CrewCab conversion Lightning that's itching to get a fresh set of decals on her. The old tailgate decal is severly faded, the bedside ones were incorrectly placed on the front fenders. The areas for the decals to go are claybarred, heavily polished and awaiting your new decals to be placed !

FYI, while ordered from Late Model Restoration theirs are actually supplied by Graphic Express stripes & decals. Licensed by Ford Motor Company #3058 and as this thread points out a disappointment not being able to stand up to polishing with a DA polisher.

The truck....
8186488776_0b800b686a_b.jpg

8186486680_7be73b9859_b.jpg

It nicely compliments our SuperCab conversion Lightning....
4506326538_2eff92ff9f_b.jpg

Scott

Scott,
Could you post up the instructions or details for proper placement of all three. I'm acquiring a 93 that is missing all three and someone tried to put the G2 stuff on it which looks rancid.

Mark will be ordering mine tomorrow.

Last edited:
Scott,
Could you post up the instructions or details for proper placement of all three. I'm inquiring a 93 that is missing all three and someone tried to put the G2 stuff on it which looks rancid.

99WhiteBeast, I have 3 trucks to reference for the bedside decals and two of them for the tailgate decals so I use those as an exact reference since the bedside decals are known to be correct and the tailgate decals too.

Now that just doesn't help you at all, I know ! So here's a thread that describes placement measurements for you. Pretty sure Copperhead supplied the info.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php/45960-where-do-stock-decals-go.html

Post 4 then post 8 is what makes me believe Copperhead supplied the info.

Here's another one that may be of some help too.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php/213910-lightning-decal-placement.html

Scott

...someone tried to put the G2 stuff on it which looks rancid.

Agreed if they're using the Lightning fender emblems. One popular option on the Gen 1's are the Gen 2 tailgate emblem to replace the stock F-150 XLT front fender emblems. One of ours have that and yep, I got a pic of it....

3410681214_afd7b2e82e_b.jpg

Scott

99WhiteBeast, I have 3 trucks to reference for the bedside decals and two of them for the tailgate decals so I use those as an exact reference since the bedside decals are known to be correct and the tailgate decals too.

Now that just doesn't help you at all, I know ! So here's a thread that describes placement measurements for you. Pretty sure Copperhead supplied the info.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-lightnings/45960-where-do-stock-decals-go.html

Post 4 then post 8 is what makes me believe Copperhead supplied the info.

Here's another one that may be of some help too.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-lightnings/213910-lightning-decal-placement.html

Scott

Thank you!!

Scott,
Could you post up the instructions or details for proper placement of all three. I'm inquiring a 93 that is missing all three and someone tried to put the G2 stuff on it which looks rancid.

Back in the saddle again huh? Well that's good to hear. Does that mean the soccer schedule is letting up? We can head back out to the Dale. Maybe the results will be different this next time out.

Back in the saddle again huh? Well that's good to hear. Does that mean the soccer schedule is letting up? We can head back out to the Dale. Maybe the results will be different this next time out.

Yep its letting up a bit and ready to get back into a G1. Dale sounds good for early Spring

Back