Funny race

B

Brian Baskin

I was helping a friend move yesterday afternoon. Was going to his new house in the truck, and stopped at a light. Up next to me comes a riced out Acura, tinted, clears, fart pipe, etc. He starts revving his engine, I just laugh. Light turns green, I give it mid throttle, got up to 50, and let off, had him by about 1.5 car lengths.

Oh, the funny part? In the back of my truck was a 150# oak dresser, futon metal frame, bunk bed kit with box springs, cabinet, etc. About 600# payload
smile.gif
It's bad enough to have a truck beat you, let alone one hauling more than your car weighs
smile.gif

------------------
9507.gif

Black '93L #4317
driverside.jpg

I did the same thing to an SI the other day. I was hauling a 22HP Craftman riding mower with 2 2x12x8 loading ramps. He was with a buddy and had stickers, huge tach, $3000 wheels, biplane wing, the whole nine yards. He tried me from the light, he tried on the highway, but to no avail. I got good traction with that thing back there
wink.gif

Oh yeah, I was in my 93 also (see sig)
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kevin Lewis NLOC #405
68 Firebird - Perpetual Project Car
93 Black SHO ATX - Cone Filter, Eibach Springs, and Doug Lewis Tranny
93 Black (Grey) Lightning - Stock
95 Black Lightning - Vortech S-Trim (10 rib), TW Heads (milled and polished), FMS 1.6 Rockers, Lunati Roller Cam, Mass Air Conversion, FMS 36# Injectors, Chip by PSP, Precision Industries Converter (2800 RPM), Bassani Headers, Bassani XPipe, Dynomax Race Mag Bullets, Full MSD Ignition, Electric Fans, And waaaaaay too much fun.....
lowlight.jpg

My 95 when it was down low, stock height now. New pics to come soon...

Gotta love those kills! We had a kid bring in a junk civic to the shop, runs super rich, and won't even start half the time. Even has false Vortech stickers on it, some others, can't remember. Passenger seat torn apart, spoiler scraped and broken. When he brought it in, I was taking his info, and right in front of the the shop was a newer clean stock blue civic, I asked if that one was his and he said "that ain't my shit, mine's the green one" all proud. I had to look away to keep from bursting into tears.

------------------
Laurence Weiler
NLOC #339
12.78 @ 105.47MPH
fe6c1ae0.jpg

I read a post on F150online where a guy beat a Corvette with his 250 lb buddy and a full sized defender game in the back of his L! HAHAHA!!

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
NEWEST mod - Single Blade TB, JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

View

xcelent kill ....maybe hell wait till ya are towing another truck to race ya now
biggrin.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
Mvc_072s.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ultimatesurfa:
xcelent kill ....maybe hell wait till ya are towing another truck to race ya now
biggrin.gif

</font>

Beautiful truck AND scenery! Want to see pics of the alley behind my house?
biggrin.gif

------------------
2000 Silver L

Nice color on the DAK. Wish they would put that paint color on an "L"

I wanna go to Hawaii...
frown.gif

The gf has a time-share with a resort there if I could ever get off of work!

Surfa,

You need to get a picture of your truck with some Hawaii hotties around it, now that would really make us jealous. Nice truck, that makes me want to get some beach pics of the black beast.

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
NEWEST mod - Single Blade TB, JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

View

I love the "loaded" kills. I posted last summer on all my kills with the L coming back and forth from my girlfriend's house with a mower, weedeater, and several bags of grass clippings in the back. Of course everything kept sliding to the back bashing in the tailgate. That reminds me...I still need to find another tailgate to repaint and put onthe truck.

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620 **Saving for a Powerdyne**
'54 F100 (project since '88)

Funny kill man!!!!!!!!

Surfa~
Man......you actually drive something that looks like that......gosh!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

J/K buddy, yu know I like your ride......

Shane

I think Surfa lives on the big island.. and If I am not mistaken, that pic looks like it was taken near the Kona Coast.. am I right Surfa?? Either Kona or Hilo..

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

cool.gif
yo guys thankx for the comps..lil zues yu lil rascal
biggrin.gif
actually i live on the isle of oahu and those pics are at maile beach park in waianae hawaii...west coast side......yu guys should all come out here...we dont have the action yu guys have but we got honey's and surf and shine andddddd eryting else
biggrin.gif
soooooooo cum on out

cobra id luv to see that alley behind...it prollaly has yur bad L there..and the scenery will blow this beachpark away...that color is intense blue and it is a pearl..uner certain liting it looks purple
biggrin.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
Mvc_072s.jpg

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 06-26-2001).]

i race those things in my shelby, its all stock and i tear them new ones, and they all say the same thing "that thing is fast" and i have to tell them that it is stock

------------------
1990 chevy 454SS
1988 dodge shadow shelby CSX-T

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gitchi Manitou:
I think you'd have a hard time with the one above.
biggrin.gif
</font>

This one too
smile.gif
hehehehe.. figured I may as well show ya what the purple really looks like....

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
13.08 @ 103.37
Sigpic.jpg

I tohught he was talking about Acuras and Civics, not R/Ts......

Back