Full Vinyl wraps

hotrodn93l

All Show and no Go
I know a few of you will not like this but I want to see full vinyl wrap colors. I'm really thinking of changing up things.
I gave my truck to my son and he wants to wrap it for a full color change. I'm all for it but we need to see what everyone is doing.
Attach your pictures, we have found numerous ones on the internet.

Is it really that much cheaper than a repaint? Not knocking it, just curious.
Wraps are very similar to a paint job. The surface needs properly prepped, most times some bodywork needs to be done, door handles, mouldings etc need to come off. A wrap can cost as much if not more than a paint job depending on the vehicle and amount of prep needed.

My 95 is white and has paint peeling on multiple panels showing the grey primer underneath. I'm getting some high prices to strip and paint (~10K). A single color wrap is this arear can be had for like $2-3k. I think I'm going that route. May just get something close to oxford.

Is it really that much cheaper than a repaint? Not knocking it, just curious.
Yes a lot cheaper, I can get one for around 2K. I have a guy that does all my semi trucks for company's I work for.

A good paint job would be like 10K. At least the one I would want.

I've certainly considered getting one done myself. I love some of the looks and think a Gen 1 would look awesome with the matte metallic graphite type of wrap with black trim like some of the euro car colors.

My 95 is white and has paint peeling on multiple panels showing the grey primer underneath. I'm getting some high prices to strip and paint (~10K). A single color wrap is this arear can be had for like $2-3k. I think I'm going that route. May just get something close to oxford.
Does it have to be sanded smooth so you don’t see the different layers through the wrap?

From the videos I have seen prep is key if you want great looking results. Paint chips have to move sanded and/or filled.

Back