Fuel system upgrade?

SWThomas

El Cazador
I am interested in your fuel system upgrade kit you sell. What does this kit consist of from top to bottom? Also, what's the cost. Is this something relatively easy to install for the Do-It-Yourselfer? Please give me some details for I am very interested in this.. Thanks.

SWThomas said:
I am interested in your fuel system upgrade kit you sell. What does this kit consist of from top to bottom? Also, what's the cost. Is this something relatively easy to install for the Do-It-Yourselfer? Please give me some details for I am very interested in this.. Thanks.

Hey whats up man its been a little bit since we spoke direct last but yea the fuel system is key for you where your power level is at. This is the kit...

New billet intank pump hat and holster assembly
New 255 Warlboro pumps ( it only deducts $100 from the kit and we need some to assemble here anyways)
all stainless steel braided #6 fuel line from each pump to a mallory fuel filter, with double swivell aluminum fittings. Then a single line out of the Mallory fuel filter up to the rails. it comes with a # 6 return line too. It also comes with hold downs for the lines to mount them along the factory locations. Fully pictured and detailed instructions included too.

The system is $1195 and we can have it ready to ship in a few days.

The new billet cartridge assembly you will need to transfer your wiring harness from the stock assembly over to ours.

This is an post I made, we just modified the stock hat with these but you'd get a new billet one, its pretty!

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208496

JimIII

JimIII@JDM said:
For the top hat, I believe you re use yours you want to remove it carefully.

JimIII

Is there any way I can get you guys to throw one in there? I don't want to accidentally destroy the one on my assembly and then be SOL.

SWThomas said:
Is there any way I can get you guys to throw one in there? I don't want to accidentally destroy the one on my assembly and then be SOL.

not a problem let me look for one here!

JimIII

SWThomas said:
Thanks a bunch Jim. I really appreciate it.:tu:

Hey we just shipped the fuel system out, I was not able to get a rubber gasket in time. We did not have one. You can get it at the dealership, I was going to order one but then the system would have to wait. Let me know if you have trouble getting it locally.

JimIII

JimIII@JDM said:
Hey we just shipped the fuel system out, I was not able to get a rubber gasket in time. We did not have one. You can get it at the dealership, I was going to order one but then the system would have to wait. Let me know if you have trouble getting it locally.

JimIII

Wow, that was pretty fast. I guess I should get it by Tuesday then since you're just in Jersey. I'll check with my local NAPA and see if they can order me one. Thanks again.

Jim,

I just received the kit today. Thanks for the fast shipping! I have a few questions...

1. What size screws or bolts am I suppose to use to mount the filter to the frame? Also, what size drill bit should I use to drill the holes.

2. How often should the filter element be replaced?

3. In the instructions it says that there are some separate instructions for how to modify the brackets. I can't seem to find these instructions anywhere. Is this going to be a problem?

SWThomas said:
Jim,

I just received the kit today. Thanks for the fast shipping! I have a few questions...

1. What size screws or bolts am I suppose to use to mount the filter to the frame? Also, what size drill bit should I use to drill the holes.

2. How often should the filter element be replaced?

3. In the instructions it says that there are some separate instructions for how to modify the brackets. I can't seem to find these instructions anywhere. Is this going to be a problem?

1. (4) 1"x 5/16" bolts

2. maybe every 6months to a year or every 3-4 oil changes. You really dont need to do it that much but why not they filter is easy to take down and costs only $20 to replace.

3. To modify the brackets you are just removing the factory clips that hold the lines down off the bracket then drilling a hole to use the supplied clamps sent with the kit. There where 6 but in pairs so really 3 (1 per fuel line bracket) If thats confusing just call ill email pics.

JimIII

JimIII@JDM said:
1. (4) 1"x 5/16" bolts

2. maybe every 6months to a year or every 3-4 oil changes. You really dont need to do it that much but why not they filter is easy to take down and costs only $20 to replace.

3. To modify the brackets you are just removing the factory clips that hold the lines down off the bracket then drilling a hole to use the supplied clamps sent with the kit. There where 6 but in pairs so really 3 (1 per fuel line bracket) If thats confusing just call ill email pics.

JimIII

Sounds pretty straight forward. Thanks for the quick reply. This will definitely make the install easier.

Jim,

I installed the system today and I ran into a snag. The quick connect fitting for the return line doesn't fit. It seems as though it wasn't machined deep enough. I'm not able to push it far enough onto the regulator for the spring to lock it in. Could this just be a defect with this particular part? I'm kinda stuck right now because everything else is hooked up and this is the only part I need to fire it up. Please help me out.

SWThomas said:
Jim,

I installed the system today and I ran into a snag. The quick connect fitting for the return line doesn't fit. It seems as though it wasn't machined deep enough. I'm not able to push it far enough onto the regulator for the spring to lock it in. Could this just be a defect with this particular part? I'm kinda stuck right now because everything else is hooked up and this is the only part I need to fire it up. Please help me out.

Hey try taking the spring out and stretching it very slightly that should do it, that happens here with the spring sometimes.

JimIII

JimIII@JDM said:
Hey try taking the spring out and stretching it very slightly that should do it, that happens here with the spring sometimes.

JimIII

I tried that and it didn't help. It's the fitting itself. It looks like it wasn't machined deep enough.

Hey Jim 3. I did receive the fitting the day after we spoke. It worked like a charm. I don't know what was wrong with the other one, but the new one you sent me slipped right on like the stock one did. I really appreciate you sending it to me so fast. I really like the kit and will continue to be a JDM customer. Thanks again.:clinkmugs

SWThomas said:
Hey Jim 3. I did receive the fitting the day after we spoke. It worked like a charm. I don't know what was wrong with the other one, but the new one you sent me slipped right on like the stock one did. I really appreciate you sending it to me so fast. I really like the kit and will continue to be a JDM customer. Thanks again.:clinkmugs

Glad to hear it man! Im not sure why that was like that but im glad your rolling now, saw the fuel rails picture its looking good!

JimIII

JimIII@JDM said:
Glad to hear it man! Im not sure why that was like that but im glad your rolling now, saw the fuel rails picture its looking good!

JimIII

Yeah, I figured I would compliment your fuel system by throwing some huge rails on there. I shouldn't have any fuel issues from here on out.

Back