fuel octane recommendation by Diablo?

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls *****!
Okay, I know that I have heard from third party that you should use 93 octane with the predator, but there is nothing in writing that tells us that for fact. Can someone please show documentation of some sort that tells us which octane is recommended (93 or 91)with the base predator tune and the pulley tune?

I think this will help some of the knocking issues out there. and if we can use the cheap stuff it'll save some of us a little money. not that I bought this thing for fuel efficency HAHA:D :D

Yeah besides, we poor souls in California have only 91 Octane to pick from unless we mix with 100 octane Unleaded Race Gas that's $5-6 a gallon. I'm curious to hear too.

From the documentation that comes with the Predator:

Premium grade unleaded fuel must be used for all PREDATOR applications; AMOCO, MOBIL, SUNOCO fuels are recommended.

With that said, when i was using the stock predator pully tune, I was getting detonation with 91 octane. I would say 93 would be a minimum, since the stock programs are pretty aggressive. Basically, the safest thing you can do, is to get a custom program.

SpankDog said:
the lightning needs premium fuel stock, so uhm why would you use anything less

wouldn't use anything less than 91, that's what I meant by the cheap stuff, just wanted to know if diablo has tuned the program with 91 or 93 octane fuels. 'premium' is kinda vague.

I use 93, my truck is stock. It says in the book to use 93/91.

Also, a buddie of mine was running a pully,chip,cold air, and was running 87/89 and it was spark knockin. Eventually he blew it up.

Back