Ftd2xx.dll missing on my computer...

steelman1196

I cannot open the Tweecer program because I need a driver, FTD2XX.DLL

I don't see it on Dell. I don't see where I can get it on the internet. I don't know if its a Tweecer issue but I think it is because it says to download the program again. HELP!

- - - Updated - - -

I redownloaded BDE and CalCon 18 times. NOTHING.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the multiple posts, but it's a Windows 8.1 system, too.

You're gonna have issues running the TwEECer software on Win 8. Do you have anything else Win7 or lower to run it on?

I have a Win7 system but I got the same error. A Tweecer is worthless if there aren't software upgrades to access the program with newer operating systems. Does this mean I need to find a laptop with an antique Windows XP system to run it?

That error I believe is just something that pops up. I think you can just ignore it. However I just tried to install the software onto my new laptop with Windows 8.1 or whatever it is and I cant get my driver to load. I have the programs installed on my laptop so I believe and now I just need to run the driver so I can communicate with the Tweecer. The install directions say to connect the USB cable from the Tweecer to the laptop and a screen will pop up allowing you to run the driver...... I don't get anything to pop up. I emailed Mike Glover but dont have a response yet. Would be nice to use my new laptop for tuning...

That driver is for the USB chipset and cannot be ignored. Anything lower than Win8 (7, XP, etc) you should just be able to install the software, **then** plug in the twEECer and Windows will take it from there.

Win7 should run it no problem, but yeah that might be a good idea if it's being flaky.

Well, someone is going to have to explain to me how I make my Windows 8 run in Windows "XP mode". I know some about computers, but I don't see anything in the Windows Administrators Options relating to that...

go to tweecer support click on youtube logo and there is a video on how to install it on windows 8. Just did it last night

Back