Front End problems

Hey guys. I need your help.

I am getting excessive ware on the outside of my drivers side front tire. I think it is due to the factory defect in the front end (better known as the Clunk).

For now, I have rotated my tires, but I need to fix it soon. Where can I find that washer deal? I think it is called the “Herb Washer”. Next, how hard is it to install? I remember Silver installed it, but I did not see him actually do it. I have minimal tools, ratchet, hammer etc… Will I need an impacted wrench or anything technical like that? Once I fix the front end, I will need to have it re-aligned.

While I am at it, I may as well replace my shocks with the Blisten shocks, and lower the rear end.

Yeah, same here... but if Herb's not selling anymore, and we wanted to do a few one-off's, then it can be done.

I've actually been interested to see if I could replicate one set, just as a project to learn how to run all the milling equipment we have here at the school.

so what should I do?

So what should I do? No response from Herb yet. Should I just get an alignment at call it good for now?

I don't know what material to use. I believe I have access to aluminum and some steel for stock around here. The main 'problem' to making one is the operator, mainly me... I don't really know how long it would take for me to actually make a set.

RedVoodoo might have a better shot at actual production...

Hex: Definately get an alignment for sure, but for the short while you may want to have someone tack weld a washer in the center position of that slot. What do you think SilverBolt?

Yeah....uh mine is startting to show some wear I noticed.
I'm going to have to do something here pretty soon too .
Sure has been a blast since I started driving it regularly though.
Almost had a run with a '70 440 Cuda last night but they backed out at the last second! He says "there is a cop behind the Sherwood Peddler, I'll have to teach you a lesson another time."
O.K. Bring it on! (at the track of course).

Yeah... it's a cylinder head shop so kind of limited on equipment
but I'd love to see the plans. Maybe it's something I could build.

I finally got hold of Herb. He is in the process of machining some washers, as soon as he is done he is going to mail me a set. He charged me $50.00. Is that the norm?

Were should I get the Blisten shocks from? I guess any Ford dealer.

Yeah, that's the normal price nowadays, I think. I was able to get them for $30-, but that was from his first batch. Otherwise, it should be fine.

Voodoo - I'll try to get that .dwg file to you sometime. I have the actual drawing I made with pencil & paper with dimensions, etc. but I need to get it computerized.

I called Land Mark Ford and Thomason Ford of Breverton and they are quoting me a price of $50-$55 per shock\strut. Is this high? What are the part numbers? These guys don't know if they are Blisten or not.

Back