FREE Pads, pad tests

Todd TCE

Supporting Vendor
Guys, I have a set of pads from WW to do some testing on. And given some of you have had 'issues' with the Q pads I thought of you first.

I have one set of them for any of the SL line of calipers. They are a performance streeet pad of sorts.

I'll offer them to anyone who can put them into use for me asap. They are not a race pad and not a trailer queen pad! I need some real world input, but not beat the crap out of them type, just day to day use and your input.

Please email me and I'll select someone if more than one person, to get them. Ship out on Monday.

toddandchris1@cox.net

Hi Todd,

I was planning to call you tomorrow and order a new set of Street and Race Pads. I can try them for you if you want. I forget which calipers I have, whatever the early kits came with.

Let me know, either way I have to talk to you on Monday. :D

Can't say I have had a problem with the Qs but I would be glad to try out a set for you. Plus I am local.

I like the local angle here first. For the simple reason I can do the touchy feely thing on them myself. And if there is a problem I'll be here only a few miles away.

I wish I understood the whole Q pad deal. If I install a set on new or newly turned rotors they WILL shake like hell. If I install a set of any of the rare pads (J's or E's) and run them awhile the race pad will clear the rotor and after I re-install the Q's they never again have a problem. They are smooth as hell. Does anyone understand why this is happening? I am selling my brake kit and I was going to turn the rotors (just to make them look perfect) but I can see the guy that buy's them having hell if he does not run a race pad on the rotor first. I'm thinking of telling him to call Todd and buy the Hawk compound.

J

Goo idea Todd. I will tell you one thing about the Q's. I have 36,000 miles on them and they are still thick enough I can't get the spacers in behind them. That does not seem possible that they could last so long!

Jerry

You know, we're seeing the same long life results on the H pads to in race applications. I have a set in a couple of FM cars that I swear will run the whole SCCA season. in fact I supplied them to the guys building a C/DSR here called Phoenix Race cars.

Back