Free HP, seriously!!

Haybale

total sarcasm>>>>
So I pulled my blower Thursday and went through it. I lightly sanded the rotors and the case, also plugged the silencer holes.

I wanted to check how well the C&L plenum was matched up to the blower, so I lightly bolt it up and felt the seem on the inside, it was all jacked up, even though all the bolts lined up and looked good, it was not lined up on the inside.

So I loosen the bolts and adjust the plenum (via the little bit of play around the bolts) and feel for where I need to port match the plenum and blower, it was pretty close, but i smoothed it all out a little.

granted I also cleaned the IC, the truck has never pulled as hard as it does now!!!

so in short, I sanded the rotors/case smooth, port matched and lined up the plenum to the blower, plugged silencer holes, cleaned the IC, greased the roller bearings and changed out the SC oil.

Free HP, line up the plenum to the blower from the inside, if your hand can't fit in the plenum, find one that can.

What?

You did all of that and went to Phoenix on Saturday? Wow, that's a lot of trust in nothing going wrong:thumbup:

You did all of that and went to Phoenix on Saturday? Wow, that's a lot of trust in nothing going wrong:thumbup:

I also installed an oil sep, plugged the lower intake line and a few other things all that thursday, and left for phoenix friday!!! on tuesday i swapped trans filter/fluid, oil/filter, fuel filter, fog lights, and I'm sure there are things I didn't mention!!

Haybale, What is the purpose of plugging the lower intake line?

stop boost from going into the Valve cover and recycling to the top of the blower. It is just how I did it, there are others that do it much different for their PVC system!!

I would love to see numbers to rule-out the butt dyno effect.

just pull your TB off and stick your hand in the plenum and feel for where the plenum and blower mate up and see if it matches up, no point in port matching or gasket matching just to put it together and it not line up due to play in the bolt holes!!

Back