FPA Summer Drags @ Gulfport Dragway

• Thread starter Blue Oval Forever
  • Start date
B

Blue Oval Forever

Sunday July,8 the FPA will hold there anaual summer drag open to all Ford powered vech.gates open at 9 am time trials are from 10am till 2pm and eliminations start at 2:30 enetry fee will $15.00 to race and 8.00 to watch there are four brackets to enter {0.00-11.99,12.00-13.49,13.50-and up and a 5.0 bracket

i will be there in my L and two of my friend sare supposed to be out there also soif you dont have any thing to do come on out and have some fun

------------------
Bobby
95 Lightning Red #233
14.65 @90 MPH
New mods coming soon hunting the 12 sec. zone
Born on 01\03\95
86 Mustang Coupe 351c
93 Convertible
NLOC #500
Ford Performance Association Member
0500_3_t.jpg

Bobby, Can you give me some round about directions on how to get there form I-10.
Me and my girlfriend might ride out there if we are not busy.

Thanks, Nick

when your on I 10 you take exit i belive it is 21 but the name of it is canal road when you get to end of exit go right about a mile to mile and half on your left is a trailer park you will see a sign gulfport dragway turn left and follow it all the way to the gate

------------------
Bobby
95 Lightning Red #233
14.65 @90 MPH
Born on 01\03\95
86 Mustang Coupe 351c
93 Convertible
NLOC #500
0500_3_t.jpg

Where Y'at Nick,
It's exit 31 off I-10, Canal rd. Turn right on Canal & go about 1 1/2 miles. Pass the small junk yard on the right & turn left pass the trailer park on the left.
Bring lots of drinks & ice. It's gonna be HOT! C U there.

------------------
Abby Normal
'92 302
49 Cubes short of a full load!

Man.....Hot it was! Thank god my L has a bed cover, it seconed as an umbrella yesterday. We didnt stay long though, my girlfriend wanted to go cruise the beach and lay out for a while. We ended up leaving around 12:30 or so. I saw 6 L's there, 3 gen1's including mine and 3 gen2's. I knew one of them was for Bobby but wasnt sure. There was a red gen2 there with lots of mods that was running in the low 14's. I dont know if he didnt want burn up his 20" tires or what but he was running extremely slow for the mods he had. The guy parked next to me with a black 99' with only filter and mass air meter was running 13.80's. I decided not to race b/c I knew we were leaving early. Even though it was hot, we still had a good time. Maybe next time i'll put my truck on the track for the first time...

Later, Nick

Yea Nick I was there red gen 1 with the ram air on it oh yea and the big a$$dent in the back with the tail gate smashed in and the bed all twisted and the back of the cab bashed in boy i'm pi$$ed at that guy in the dodge must have forgot where that brake pedel was at when he saw that bright RED L oh well where were you at Nick we ended up with 4 gen 1 three red and one white parked together and the black gen 2 that ran in the 13's the red gen 2 stayed all to himself but all in all it was a fun day but like you said it was to hot for me did even run didnt feel like dealing with that heatI didnt see the third gen 2 was told it was another black but he didnt run was that your truck Nick had clear tail light

------------------
Bobby
95 Lightning Red #233
14.65 @90 MPH
Born on 01\03\95
86 Mustang Coupe 351c
93 Convertible
NLOC #500
0500_3_t.jpg

[This message has been edited by Blue Oval Forever (edited 07-09-2001).]

Where Y'at Bobby & Nick,
I was ready to go but pulled a muscle in my shoulder. My seat & shoulder don't alway get along so I stayed in the A/C. The guy with all the mods & the 20"s is Terry. He's in the FPA too. Bobby are you going to the meeting Tuesday?
Nick the next FPA race is Sept. 16th. Hopefully it'll be cooler.

------------------
Abby Normal
'92 F-150 302
49 Cubes short of a full load!

Bobby, yes I am the red 99 Lightning that was over by itself. I had driven over with some FPA members and stayed with them. Didn't see you the other Lightnings until the end of the day at the presentation of awards. I will be more social the next time now that I am aware of where you all park. Hope the September race is cooler!

Terry

Yep.....That was me with the clear tails, billet grilles, and chrome rims. I would have stayed a little longer but my 'boss' was ready to go to the beach.

Man...sorry to hear about your wreck, that really sucks. Did that happen after the races? Hope he had insurance.

Im thinking about going to the track in B.R. this Friday. Im curious to see what my truck will run while it is still basically stock. Well anyway, Im sure that wont be the last ford gathering I attend, im looking forward to many more. Im sure i'll see you guys at the next one...

Later, Nick

Back