Fords new Electric Pickup likely to be named F150 Lightning

I saw that, it sounds kind of promising if they go for a performance angle. It will surely get some interest going for Gen 1 and 2s which is good.

The new F150 Lightning will be as much a ‘Lightning’ as the Mach E is a ‘Mustang’.....

As both a Lightning and Mustang owner I’m dumbfounded.

Sacrilege indeed.
Already kicked us Mustang loyalists in the cajones so why not get the F150 guys as well.

Passed a Mach-e today.
Couldnt help but pipe um.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sacrilege indeed.
Already kicked us Mustang loyalists in the cajones so why not get the F150 guys as well.

Passed a Mach-e today.

Agreed! They did the same thing with the Bronco! I was so excited until I saw one in person. To me they look like a love child of a land rover discovery and a Xtera. They just need to leave the E vehicles to Elon Musk

Agreed! They did the same thing with the Bronco! I was so excited until I saw one in person. To me they look like a love child of a land rover discovery and a Xtera. They just need to leave the E vehicles to Elon Musk
Did you see the big Bronco or the Escape (Bronco Sport)?

I like the new Bronco look but I haven't seen one in person yet. I just wish it had a 5.0L with a manual! I'd buy that first thing!

Sacrilege indeed.

Passed a Mach-e today.

Let’s break this down abit...

1. A sport Truck that’s been tested and proven capable of pulling 1.25MILLION pounds.
2. Most likely 9-10 second 1/4mile times.
3. 300+ mile range on full charge.
4. AWD.
5. ZERO issues with altitude.
6. ZERO issues with Emissions.

I have been dancing around the idea of an EV for awhile now and this checks so many other boxes for me it’s not even funny.

Yes. If this is an ACTUAL sport truck, I will be purchasing this.

Did you see the big Bronco or the Escape (Bronco Sport)?

I like the new Bronco look but I haven't seen one in person yet. I just wish it had a 5.0L with a manual! I'd buy that first thing!

I've seen them both side by side at a dealer. I was going to pull the trigger on the big one stripped version with 35" tires on steel wheels with locking diffs for the woods. They were nothing like I thought. If it had a 5.0 manual with straight front and rear axle with manual locking hubs and a NP203 transfer case it would be in my driveway no matter what!

Let’s break this down abit...

1. A sport Truck that’s been tested and proven capable of pulling 1.25MILLION pounds.
2. Most likely 9-10 second 1/4mile times.
3. 300+ mile range on full charge.
4. AWD.
5. ZERO issues with altitude.
6. ZERO issues with Emissions.

I have been dancing around the idea of an EV for awhile now and this checks so many other boxes for me it’s not even funny.

Yes. If this is an ACTUAL sport truck, I will be purchasing this.

So when it comes out as a big 4 door truck and not a short bed standard cab are you going to consider that a sport truck?

Think about the Mustang Mach-E name. What makes more sense; an actual Mustang with an electric powertrain that kicks everyone’s *** or an electric SUV with the Mustang name on it to generate sales? I know which one I choose, but Ford went the other direction.

If Ford actually did resurrect the Lightning (Reg Cab/Short Bed Sport Truck) but with an electric powertrain then I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all. It would be bad ***. However given their track record I doubt that will happen. It’s likely going to be “standard” F150’s with electric powertrains. Will they be quick and powerful? Of course they’re electric. Will they be a Lightning? Absolutely not.

I think Ford is going to call any electric pickup a Lightning.

I agree with Tezz, I've been considering an EV as a commuter and if this thing has any real sport truck cajones, then I'll seriously consider it. I love the idea of being able to bolt a couple of range extenders to a trailer and have something truly useful as a tow vehicle.

However, if it's just the name that they attach to every electric F-150, then eh. Smart marketing, stupid behavior.

I think Ford is going to call any electric pickup a Lightning.

I agree with Tezz, I've been considering an EV as a commuter and if this thing has any real sport truck cajones, then I'll seriously consider it. I love the idea of being able to bolt a couple of range extenders to a trailer and have something truly useful as a tow vehicle.

However, if it's just the name that they attach to every electric F-150, then eh. Smart marketing, stupid behavior.

Definitely loses its luster if EVERY electric F150 is a “Lightning.”

Now a Short Bed Sport version “Lightning ST” might be interesting.

Back