Ford or Chevy

T

TXlightning

I know this isn't Lightning related but please help me out. I have been in an arguement for a long time about this:
Which car is faster-The Ford Mustang Cobra or the Chevrolet Z28 Camaro?

HATE TO SAY IT BUT THE LSI Z28 IS HANDS DOWN THE FASTEST, DEPENDING ON THE DRIVER. IS HARD TO BEAT CUBIC INCHES AND THE NEWER COBRA HAS HAD SEVERAL TEETHING PROBLEMS THAT SVT IS WORKING TO OVERCOME (POWERWISE, THAT IS)

COBRA R!!! need I say more!!
tongue.gif

------------------
David Red'94#78

I'm gonna have to agree, The 99 cobras had too many problems. Ford isn't making them for 2000. I'll give credit when need be.
Take that argue meant to war-zone that'll be interesting.

Who cares which one is faster stock?? Look at which one is easier to modify and which one will actually last at 600 HP!! Cobra HANDS DOWN! The LS1 is not a strong motor..

------------------
Curt
'93 Red Lightning #4232

Curt,

Are you sure about the LS1 motor not being strong? From what I understand they have a 6-bolt splayed main, and are even used as a NOS test vehicle.

Im not saying your wrong or anything, I personally dont know much about the LS1, but from wht Ive heard, they are pretty stout.

Tommy

The cobra has a six bolt main!!
tongue.gif

------------------
David Red'94#78

[This message has been edited by david (edited 06-15-2000).]

Mustang Cobra R is the best hands down, It just goes to show what ford can do if they use more cubic inches. Also don't forget the numbers from the Mustang Boss combared to the camaro.

------------------
Lightning Has Struck!

Cobra R is a killer but, for the money (bang for the buck)z28 LS1 wins hands down. i have seen these things in action at the track and they have a first and second gear acceleration that won't quit.now however me being a former 3 time mustang owner (before buying my lightning)i have had 2-85's and 1-86 gt i would probably buy a 1993 cobra do a few mods and leave that z28 in the dust for half the price. or take an 85 gt and really kill them for cheap out of pocket exspense. just my 2 cents.

I am a member of the Southern California Cobra Owners Association, even though I own a Lightning.

I was told that the 99 Cobra (after the dealer fix) gives the Camaro a pretty good run.

Last month at Willow Springs International Raceway, I road raced with several supercharged Cobras that were producing well over 400+ rear wheel hp. For some reason, supercharging really seems to enhance the output of the Cobra motor, more so than it does on the 5.0 Mustang I own.

That reminds me, I gotta get a blower for my L...I'm tired of seeing Cobras run away from me in the straights!

Back