for those w/ shaker hoods....

GTPvsSVT

Stage II Blower Cams
How much does the shaker actually move when your on the gas...part throttle and full...

I am trying to decide between the shaker and a cowl...

thanks
Kent

I've always been curious, is the shaker hood just foor looks or does it add any h.p? If anyone has pictures of the engine bay with a shaker that'd cool. Im interested in getting one after all the other stuff I need to get first.

HP makes no difference...

I wouldn't expect to gain much of anything from a hood, but looks are another thing...

It moves enough to rub the front corner of the shaker against the bottom side of the hood.

--Joe

No video needed.

It moves A LOT and looks sweet doing it.

It really looks cool on start-up and WOT.

Was definately my favorite cosmetic mod.

VINNIE

I have heard the hood will not clear a JLP intake filter box... any truth?

Has anyone tried using the stock hood and cutting a hole in it and using a trim ring? On my Foxbody the shaker just came with a template to cut the hood, a scoop and a trim ring.

If the fiberglass hood weighs more I would hate to add that. How much more does it weigh?

a deer left antler prints:mad: on my stocker...and its between a nice cowl or the shaker...

I'm glad to hear that it moves quite a bit, as this is what I will be going with....

Thanks guys!
Kent

Tampa99SVT said:

Has anyone tried using the stock hood and cutting a hole in it and using a trim ring? On my Foxbody the shaker just came with a template to cut the hood, a scoop and a trim ring.

If the fiberglass hood weighs more I would hate to add that. How much more does it weigh?

Certainly weighs more. I hesitate to gues sbut would place it around 30+ pounds.

Here is a picture hooked up to JLP intake.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=35508&anum=747

--Joe

Tampa99SVT said:

There is a guy on FTW that did just that and I saw pics and was skeptical of waving, but then I saw it in person and no waves at all.

I think his name is mikewheels.

VINNIE

Tampa99SVT said:
So it doesn't rub? No modification required?
My JLP box rubs on the inboard end and does not even come close to sealing on the outboard end. It's a good inch or two too short.

I will probably just suck it up and buy the overpriced Keystone filter box. At least it will allow the hood to function like it was designed.

Back