for those w/ shaker hoods....

GTPvsSVT

Stage II Blower Cams
How much does the shaker actually move when your on the gas...part throttle and full...

I am trying to decide between the shaker and a cowl...

thanks
Kent

Himynameissean

"Tommy Boy"
I've always been curious, is the shaker hood just foor looks or does it add any h.p? If anyone has pictures of the engine bay with a shaker that'd cool. Im interested in getting one after all the other stuff I need to get first.

GTPvsSVT

Stage II Blower Cams
HP makes no difference...

I wouldn't expect to gain much of anything from a hood, but looks are another thing...

soap

Team Jagermeister
It moves enough to rub the front corner of the shaker against the bottom side of the hood.

--Joe

vinman

MOD FREAK
No video needed.

It moves A LOT and looks sweet doing it.

It really looks cool on start-up and WOT.

Was definately my favorite cosmetic mod.

VINNIE

Tampa99SVT

Slow Chevy owner
I have heard the hood will not clear a JLP intake filter box... any truth?

Has anyone tried using the stock hood and cutting a hole in it and using a trim ring? On my Foxbody the shaker just came with a template to cut the hood, a scoop and a trim ring.

If the fiberglass hood weighs more I would hate to add that. How much more does it weigh?

GTPvsSVT

Stage II Blower Cams
a deer left antler prints:mad: on my stocker...and its between a nice cowl or the shaker...

I'm glad to hear that it moves quite a bit, as this is what I will be going with....

Thanks guys!
Kent

soap

Team Jagermeister
Tampa99SVT said:

Has anyone tried using the stock hood and cutting a hole in it and using a trim ring? On my Foxbody the shaker just came with a template to cut the hood, a scoop and a trim ring.

If the fiberglass hood weighs more I would hate to add that. How much more does it weigh?

Certainly weighs more. I hesitate to gues sbut would place it around 30+ pounds.

Here is a picture hooked up to JLP intake.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=35508&anum=747

--Joe

vinman

MOD FREAK
Tampa99SVT said:

There is a guy on FTW that did just that and I saw pics and was skeptical of waving, but then I saw it in person and no waves at all.

I think his name is mikewheels.

VINNIE

Tim Skelton

El Jefe
Tampa99SVT said:
So it doesn't rub? No modification required?
My JLP box rubs on the inboard end and does not even come close to sealing on the outboard end. It's a good inch or two too short.

I will probably just suck it up and buy the overpriced Keystone filter box. At least it will allow the hood to function like it was designed.