First trip to the drag strip

harcracing

Took the truck to the track last weekend. Ran a best of 13.80 spinning the street tires half way down the track. Man I need some sticky tires. Thinking about some ET streets. Anyone have any luck with these??? Best reaction time was a .012. Obviously my 60 foot time sucked due to all the spinning. MPH was 98 -100. Now to bring it all together. Not bad for only the second time ever running anything down a track. I was happy with it. A lot of room for improvement though.

Not bad times with spinning the tires... Get some Nitto,M/T or Hoosier's and it will cut about 1/2 sec off those times... I have had the Nitto 555R's and they were great for the first year and then with more and more power they started to spin. The M/T ET streets worked awesome but I am currently running the Hoosier Quick Times and they are the best of the 3 so far...

Justin

I know this is an old thread but anyway,I say BS!A flareside bed equipped gen1 truck spinning halfway down the track,what's the mod's???

Yes it is an actual lightning as per the vin#. It was ordered from Ford from a dealer owner, who was also an SVO dealer, with the bed. The owner was Ralph Gabbard who was an avid drag racer. The truck was built to bracket race. It only has a little 393 with a Paxton on it. That should explain the tires spinning ;) Problem is I sold the slicks for the friend of mine who owned it before me.

With only a little 393 and a supercharger it should be in the 12's atleast regardless of wheelspin,just my opinion and usually wheelspin leads to excessive mph in which case i would expect that truck to trap 110+! Sounds like the motor is pretty mild and running low boost.regardless of my opinion i'm glad to see your actually running the truck and not just talking about how fast it is like most guy's around here do(meaning my local area)!Give us some details on what all it's got unless you really just don't want anyone to know!!!

Back