First gen lightning value

Domingo

I'm about to get my 1993 lightning insured and want to put a value, what's a fair price for a running with over 200,000. I don't see much for sale but the regular f150 short bed I see them for $5000 and up.

All 4 of mine are insured through State Farm. Each one has a different stated valve.

Neither Hagerty or Grundy Would write a new policy in South Louisiana.

I'll be going with Infinity at a $25K value, but I also only have 103K on the truck.

That’s funny you say that Jeff.

I’ve been with Hagerty for only about a year now, and not by choice.

I’d been with Infinity for probably 8 or 9 years, then last year received notice that they were no longer insuring collectors and that my policy was being transferred (or some other legal process term) to Hagerty.

Maybe it’s regional ... or maybe it’s just me.

Infinity was bought by Hagerty. They kept my deal the same. $350/year for $25k coverage. With a 5000 mile limit.

Things that lowered that was a heated and air garage, and a security system. They didn't say how much but it did lower it.

I just put a simply safe motion detector in the garage. And I hope to have hvac done in a couple weeks.

That’s funny you say that Jeff.

I’ve been with Hagerty for only about a year now, and not by choice.

I’d been with Infinity for probably 8 or 9 years, then last year received notice that they were no longer insuring collectors and that my policy was being transferred (or some other legal process term) to Hagerty.

Maybe it’s regional ... or maybe it’s just me.

Its probably regional Ron. Not too long ago I received a letter in the mail stating that American Collector Car ins will be reducing their exposure on the east coast of Fla and will be transferring my ins to another company. Same thing hap]ended to my homeowner ins about 15 years ago!

Funny speak of the devil. Got this in the mail this morning.
f0728a63c10999795111db603a3653cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As I recall that’s similar to the correspondence I got telling me my Infinity policy was being transferred to Hagerty.

Remember I said that change wasn’t by choice?

I called my agent, who I’ve known for decades and whose judgement truly trust ... fellow Nissan enthusiast also ... , when I received the notice and he said it’s legit and assisted in my policy transfer.

Apparently, Hagerty is cornering that market.

You guys need to look at Grundy, for me at least it is coming up half the price of Hagerty with a higher agreed value.

All 4 of mine are insured through State Farm. Each one has a different stated valve.

Neither Hagerty or Grundy Would write a new policy in South Louisiana.
I have 2 inspired by State Farm with an AGV. Looks like values are rising so I may need to look at the AGV. What would you guys say as a WAG on the value of a black 93 with 195k with absolutely NO rust anywhere and really good paint and interior?
64ab508960ac61169a22b6ae19a68f75.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

I insure my collector vehicles for what makes me happy if there were ever a total loss. That being said what is a 200,000 mile truck worth? Unless it’s totally restored I’d be happy somewhere around 10k for an agreed value. There won’t be an issue as long as your amount is realistic.
KID

Neither Hagerty or Grundy are really interested in insuring a vehicle that's driven like I drive mine. They're mostly for collectors that go to car shows, club events and parades, and I like driving mine to run errands and to work on nice days. Infinity didn't flinch when I stated my driving style.

I haven't transferred my policy yet, but at least Erie has written in a $25K stated value line in my policy for the time being.

Back