First Auto-X race

unclesams_svt said:
Thanks, I love to drag race my truck and on my bike I love the twisty roads. So that is why I wanted to try this in my truck. To see how much fun I can have. Right now I have ground force front springs and just 2" drop shackles in the rear. What are clunk washers?

There is a slot in the Drivers side lower contrl arm, Ford put tit there for corss caster adjustment. Most folks complain about a clunking noise when turning to the steering lock. I have noticed it throws your alignment out after some hard laterals. I think DL still sells them, just search for member DL and PM him or email him, easy intall, sort of.

AS far as your suspension, what you have it fine to start.

Bryan

Thanks for the link Dbl G, my question now is: I just had my truck aligned after installing my lowering kit and if I install these will I need to get it realigned? I already have the cam bolts installed.

Damn, well I guess I will just let it get to the clunking stage and then install the washers.

To everyone that has helped answer my questions thanks i really appreiciate the help and tips.

unclesams_svt said:
Damn, well I guess I will just let it get to the clunking stage and then install the washers.

To everyone that has helped answer my questions thanks i really appreiciate the help and tips.

Thanx G, I hate working second, I always miss the good stuff.

SAms, keep us in the loop as how it goes and whatnot. Have fun

Bryan

I unbale to race becuase I hurt my right foot on Friday :( slipping on friggin ice. So now I have to wait untill next year. But thanks for all of the tips and when I get a chance this spring I will put them to use.

Sorry to hear that... When you do get out & do it for the first time, you're going to love it! Hope your foot heals up quick... watch out for that ice!

Since you have the time to learn it, you might want to start left foot braking and shuffle steering, now. In a few months you will have it down pat, and you'll wonder how you ever did it the other way.

Bryan

Sloe Truk said:
Since you have the time to learn it, you might want to start left foot braking and shuffle steering, now. In a few months you will have it down pat, and you'll wonder how you ever did it the other way.

Bryan

+1

I got the left foot drivng down pat. I broke my right foot in july and had to drive left footed for months. Slipping on that damn ice just reinjured it a little :(

Back