FIRE JACKETS!! For All Those on the Juice or KB/Whipple!

MaxPower

Gone, but never forgotten
Don't forget the new NHRA rule for ANY ET with an an aftermarket supercharger or nitrous installation:

FIRE JACKET!!

It only needs to be single layer, and they run ~$50.

Would hate to see someone denied/disqualified because of the rule!!

...Or the Jedi mind trick...

"The nitrous you are looking for is not here" ... "...move along"

300px-Mindtrick.JPG

Since the Lightning comes with a supercharger does that mean a KB requires a jacket ??

That's nice.......have never heard that before.

Any other special rules that have been implemented that folks should be privy to???

KB does not require a jacket if on a Gen 2. The rule states power adders not delivered from the factory...so I believe the KB VS Eaton is OK.

BigD said:
KB does not require a jacket if on a Gen 2. The rule states power adders not delivered from the factory...so I believe the KB VS Eaton is OK.

But nitrous does? That's new isn't it ??

--wes

wesman said:
But nitrous does? That's new isn't it ??

--wes

Yes. Depends how strict the track is. It's a new rule for 2006. They're hassling all the turbo guys as well - any upgraded power adders.

I'm guessing since we're pretty much paying for the track, the rules will be somewhat relaxed. I just wanted to be sure we're all on the same page for this weekend. Again, if someone needs a jacket to pass tech, let me know.:afro:

As I expected, some rules were relaxed (ROLL CAGE) but the fire jacket was not. What I was told last year was I was going to have to slow down when I ran 10.99 (and a handful of 11.0s) or get a jacket. No mention of a rollbar.

Luckily I brought mine in case I had to do any "hired gun" driving this weekend because Marc (bdaztrk) needed it. (No cage but he ran a string of 11.0s)

Yeah, needed mine for more than one reason. I had the nitrous on a few passes and also 11.49 and faster now requires a jacket.......got called to the tower for that one :sulkoff:

--wes

Pay attention folks,

Roll cages, Snell helmets and jacket rules will be enforced more and more, due to track insurance policies. KCIR is enforcing the jacket for turbos and NO2, but did not enforce the letter which does require a jacket if the SC is not a stock version.

KCIR also enforced the no pocket bikes or powered scooters due to NHRA rules. The changes are to keep all of us safe and hold down insurance costs. I expect the track to better enforce the cage rules next year.

Consider this a "Heads-up" and a warning.

Back