Finally got her running decent!

Trav4011

Got my plug/coil pack issue situated.. I ended up installed another set of stock coil packs that I had leftover from my 02 Mustang GT drag car (32K miles on them) with a set of TR6's..

Johnny has been helping iron out my tune, with feedback from my highway pulls, and it's getting close!

I will say this.. 16-17psi with the 2.6H, JLP powerflow inlet/twin 75mm TB, and XR heads, is absolutely retarded on the street! Downshift at around 50mph.. I expected it to spin the tires a little.. but, I was surprised when the *** end kicked out and left a big haze of tire smoke.. LOL!

I can't wait to see what it does on C16 @ 23-24psi!

I'll be heading to the dyno on the 6th, and Vince over at L&S will be bringing his SCT software so we can fine tune.. I'll probably just do pump gas for now, and wait till it cools off to really turn the screws up a bit. It's just too damn hot right now!

Travis

BTW.. has anyone had their tach get stuck on them? Mine has been getting stuck at 4K or so.. It wasn't doing it before the tear down, but, I'm guessing it's just the needle getting stuck on the gauge face?

Glad to hear you got her figured out.

Are you going to do some suspension work and get some good rubber to play on the street?:drool:

BTW.. has anyone had their tach get stuck on them? Mine has been getting stuck at 4K or so.. It wasn't doing it before the tear down, but, I'm guessing it's just the needle getting stuck on the gauge face?

Mine has been doing it since I got the truck. I haven't taken out the cluster to try to fix it, I just live with it.

Glad to hear you got her figured out.

Are you going to do some suspension work and get some good rubber to play on the street?:drool:

Yeah.. I'm going to widen my factory wheels, and run some fat drag radials out back.

I'm going to also do the fiberglass leaf springs, QA1's, and JLP long bars. V6 coils up front (cut 1 coil off), with QA1's up there as well.

Travis

Good deal. If it hooks, it will spank 99% of the rides around town.

I'm gonna do some work myself but mostly to lower it with a mild emphassis on weight transfer. Basically gonna use SS THiS' set up. Probably going to go with some mickey's on a 16" rim. The nitto DRs i have on mine are garbage. And no way the e/t's in 18" will hook on the street with that much hp IMO.

My truck will never hook on the street from a dig.. but, I can at least get somewhat decent traction with some ET Steet's.

I'm hoping to get at least to where i can hook with a decent roll on from a dig. With that it will be enough.

That's kinda why i wanted to do a turbo set up. I can ramp the boost to hook on the street. But that's some major money and a lengthy stay at PSI. I dont see that ever happening to my truck. I got an engine on the way and i gotta rock the damn eaton:cr1: If you get rid of the KB for the bigger one, holla.

Yeah.. I'm going to widen my factory wheels, and run some fat drag radials out back.

I'm going to also do the fiberglass leaf springs, QA1's, and JLP long bars. V6 coils up front (cut 1 coil off), with QA1's up there as well.

Travis

Talk to FFS.....He's had his wheels widened to fit 345 DR's and having a spacers made to push the tire out flush with the lip of the bedside. They look pretty nasty! I've got a set of rims on the way to Weldcraft myself, probably gonna go the same route!
Glad to hear she getting dialed in!:eek:ldtu:

I'm hoping to get at least to where i can hook with a decent roll on from a dig. With that it will be enough.

That's kinda why i wanted to do a turbo set up. I can ramp the boost to hook on the street. But that's some major money and a lengthy stay at PSI. I dont see that ever happening to my truck. I got an engine on the way and i gotta rock the damn eaton:cr1: If you get rid of the KB for the bigger one, holla.

SO... why not let us turbo the truck? lol.. I build turbo kits for all sorts of vehicles, and had a single 76mm setup for my personal truck last year.

PM me if you want to hook up and chat about it. You're only 15 minutes away from here..

Travis

Talk to FFS.....He's had his wheels widened to fit 345 DR's and having a spacers made to push the tire out flush with the lip of the bedside. They look pretty nasty! I've got a set of rims on the way to Weldcraft myself, probably gonna go the same route!
Glad to hear she getting dialed in!:eek:ldtu:

Yeah.. my one of my friends, locally, had his widened by Weldcraft.. It looks nasty!

had a single 76mm setup for my personal truck last year.
Why didnt you stay with a turbo set up? People push almost 1000/1000 with built 2v turbo setups. A turbo set up could make more power than that KB you have on there. Although, power wouldnt be instant like the s/c.

And that's the problem.. For me, it was just too laggy for my liking. I like the instant torque from the twin screw, and I'm not looking to make 4 digit power levels. I'll be happy with mid 700's on race gas. That'll put me into the 9's with the right suspension and tires.

Travis

Still having some tip in lean issues..

Come to think of it.. I think it's mainly closed loop that's funky right now. And, I'm not sure how to adjust that, as I don't have the racer software. ;)

As soon as the truck goes into open loop, it snaps from 14.5:1 @ partial throttle, where it's lean and sputtering.. to 12.3:1 or so.. I think I'm going to replace both primary oxygen sensors, and talk to Johnny about fine tuning the closed loop fueling.

Travis

Back