Final street Drag night of the yr

S

SillySyclone

Oct 28th saturday gates open @ 10am reacing starts at 11..... unlimited runs till 8pm. I belive it cost $15 to race and $10 to watch but I am not sure... it is at union grove... no clocks no trees all street racing format... time to see who has the biggest balls... i will be there hope to meet some of you guys there

------------------
spool up or shut up

Originally posted by Super Zor:
I am taking it that it is a GRUDGE race setup?

I am not sure if any of you guys are into the Street racing scene in Chicago or the burbs but this is an event that is run for us and by us. Brian Peterson AKA TuffEuff organized this... there are no clocks or timing equipment whatsoever no tree or nuttin
spotting out cars is allowed and you go off the flag or you have balls and give someone the bust. it is a blast and you will see some races run for a grand or so and you will also see some 8 second street cars... come on lighting boys lets have some fun!!

------------------
spool up or shut up

[This message has been edited by SillySyclone (edited 10-19-2000).]

Looks like to me that no ChiTown Lightning owners have any balls... I am meeting up with one owner and we are going to have some fun... It is tomorrow 10am-8pm show up get spanked by the SillyOne and go home... Or we can meet up and jsut BS about fast trucks but you gotta be there to have some fun...

------------------
spool up or shut up

Yo Silly,
E-mail me man. roxydog@dellnet.com
We have an impromptu ILLNESS meet at Byron on Saturday but anytime you wanna meet by your stabbin' cabbin' let's do it!! I recently traded in my '99 on a '00 so I'd like to baseline the thing. Know what I mean?
Later.
tongue.gif

Definition: Street racer: immature, inconsiderate individual, usually to arrogant to go to the dragstrip and find out how quick his vehicle really isn't. Nothing personal aimed at anyone inparticular, but I'm a full time fireighter/paramedic and have seen my share of those who think the street is a place to Drag race.
THEY'RE WRONG!!!! REAL WRONG!

HEY SILLY! Did you go to the track the other night? If so, how'd you do?

------------------
Tim "Tooltime"
'93 11.8 114mph in 2000
'94 unknown (for now)

First of all have you ever gone out street racing and I do not mean stoplight to stoplight? there is ALOT involved and you have to be a ten times better racer to run on the street than at teh track one there is also ALOT of money involved. That is your own damn opinion just as I have mine of firefighters... don't see me runnin my mouth saying how i think their profession is dumb. (who the hell wants to run INTO a fire?) and i did run the Sy at teh track saturday and it ran like crap but i don't care i knew it would and i was there to have fun

As mentioned in my post, this was not directed at anyone inparticular. Seems that you have taken it upon yourself to interpet my post as a personal slam against you! Not so. But since you have directed a few questions to me, I'm more than happy to reply. Yes, I have "Street raced" as you so put it. About 20 years ago in a couple of different cars that at the track ran low 10's on motor, one 4 speed and one auto. The hot places with "ALOT OF MONEY" as you put it were Duke's, Superdog, Bopper's, Hippo's, Dominicks and Arf & Barf (both in Addison), The Big Boy (Palatine), and Shirles just to name a few. That was a long time ago when I WAS MUCH MORE FOOLISH. The statement of having to be a TEN TIMES BETTER RACER on the street than at the track, must be that opinion thing you mentioned (try making a 6 second pass at over 200, thats driving). At the track, one races on a somewhat stable surface hopefully cabable of handling the power and speeds of the vehicles that use it with enough distance to stop. There is minimal if no debris on the track. The likelihood of an animal running in front of the vehicle much lower. Someone stepping or being pushed out in front of a car really unlikely. The road surface during a street race is very unpredictable and unstable. Maybe this is where you came up with the better driver part. I'm not real sure. Nails, glass, gravel, asphalt pebbles, oil, other vehicle fluids, animals (domestic and wild), people, and numerouse other obsticles all come in to play in a Street race held on the street. I've seen a dog hit at a little over a hundred mph. The dog died (no $#!+) and the driver was in the hosp. for a couple weeks (took out the right lower spoiler and bracket into the wheel and steering gear) These factors don't neccessarily make someone a better racer if they win, it often means they had a better lane and or better luck. A car that runs 10 flat at the track is by no means going to run a 10 flat on the street. This is not because the driver isn't any good, the conditions are not capable of handling the vehicles 10 second abilities. As for the race you guys conducted at Union Grove last Saturday, I thought was a great idea. I admire Brian Peterson for going through all the hassels of setting it up and getting the racing OFF THE STREET. On any given race day, you can make a "no time run" against a particular vehicle as a street/grudge/match race and no time or mph will be posted. You will however have a tree to leave off of. Some tracks will even spot/handicapp the tree on no time runs. (Ever see or here of the starter at a street race being hit by a car due to a snapped axle?!) Enough said about that stuff. This was as you put it, all my opinion. But it does have fact to back it up. Also, I would hope that you don't try to make a living out of street racing. I'm sorry the Sy didn't run better for you Saturday but I'm glad you had a good time. That is what its all about after all. It doesn't matter what you drive, FORD, GM,or MOPAR, anything can be built to go fast!!
As for my profession, It has been said that Firefighters are a little wacked for going into a burning building that everyone else is trying to get out of. But if the tragedy ever occurs that either you, a family member or friend are trapped in a burning building, I hope that one of us dumbies is there to go in and drag whoever out.
AGAIN, this is just MY opinion. THE STREET IS NOT THE PLACE TO RACE!!!!
GOOD LUCK with your ride.

------------------
Tim "Tooltime"
'93 11.8 114mph in 2000
'94 unknown (for now)

[This message has been edited by Tooltime (edited 10-31-2000).]

Tooltime is totally correct in every way he could be..I've driven fast cars all since I got my license(2 year no big deal) and my parents begged and begged me not to street race..I've done the stoplight to stoplight deal, but I refuse to street-race..I've had family members killed by street racers and I think all you that do it should step back and take a look at the consquences..If you kill yourself, oh well your stupid decision, but what about that person that you just killed? It wasn't his decision to die, you made it for him..Do you think your god? Hell why doesn't John Force bring out his mustang..I'm sure he could make some wicked dough? Probably because these guys respect and know the consquences and want to minimize them..No reason there should be street racing going on in Chicago..You've got one of the best strips in the country in Joliet! Byron is ok, Union Grove sucks but oh well..Just be responsable..

------------------
Curt
'93 Red Lightning #4232
http://www.geocities.com/lightning_struck93/index.html

Back