FFW, Time to share ET's...

todd abbott

Heres the new Whipple times from FF this weekend, I made four passes here they are:
1)12.53 at 109.28, 60' 1.841
2)12.405 at 110.91, 60' 1.866
3)12.259 at 111.90, 60' 1.783
4)12.347 at 111.11, 60' 1.822

All these runs were done on a 3/4 tank of 93 octane, Hoosier slicks, about 85 degrees/high humidy and my basic street tune. I debated upping to the more aggressive tune but consistance wins bracket racing so I rode it out just like I drove it up. The 12.259 is a personal best:tu: and most important I didn't blow it up, once the fall rolls around say JDM day I'll turn it up a bit and see if I can get into the elevens, overall the truck rocks!

Hey Todd,
It was great to see you again. You forgot to mention, you ran those without doing any type of cooling and I think you were the only other person running the AC between runs, except myself.

My times were all between 13.72 and 13.8 , My 60' times were 1.84 - 1.92
considering the heat and the fact I have no power adder, I am happy.
With over 148,000 on my original motor, I can still drive 160 miles to an event, and run all day.

I will be posting some photos I took eventually,
john

Last edited:
Great times, Todd! I wish I could've been there to see it but I had to work on Saturday and Sunday was rained out ...:mad: I drove up anyway trying to will the rain to stop by the time I got up there .. I didn't work. Oh well. there's always next year ...

Congrats on your times, Todd!

Randy

come on now Todd

Stop sand bagging it!!!! Those times are a joke!!!!

Hahahaha.

You should easily be into the 11's. I ran those times on my stock blower with 6lb lower.

Let'er loose buddy.

You should be able to rattle off an 11.8x @114 on a good tune, cold air, and about 15-16lbs of boost.

Mecca, No sandbagging involved man those times were flat out, I'm kinda thinking the same thing though, add some cooler fall weather and the more agressive street tune I have, ice the blower down for an hour or so, part out the rest of the dead weight and try to run a number, I honestly think 11.90's should not be a problem at my boost level. T

Dbolt, Good to see you over the weekend, thanks for the compliment I'm very happy with the blower upgrade, your ride looks awesome as usual. T

Back