February Events

S

Sixpipes

Tentative plans are for Hallsville on February 3 and E/R autocross at Texas Motor Speedway on February 11. Start checking your calendars. Note: the drive to and from Hallsville was a blast last year (seven Lightnings and two Mustangs).

I think I will loan someone my V1 for one leg of the trip.....I get the feeling I am pushing my luck the more times I lead that high speed pack....
smile.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Doug

I'm in for Hallsville, and I'll volunteer to lead a leg of the trip. Doug has been more than generous leading both ways for the past three trips.

------------------
'00 white Lightning #405
Best run 13.2 @ 103 on F1's

Three for Hallsville so far. I'll post over at F150online and see if we can pick up a few more folks. Need to start thinking about where and when we hook up.

Hey guys,
I'm in and Jeffhou is in also( the guy with the black L at Kennedale).
I should be ready to RUN!!!!!!!!

What time does test-N-tune start??

[This message has been edited by Autothrottle (edited 01-26-2001).]

this is just a GP (general purpose) question, but, why drive 300+ miles round trip to run? is this track that good? or is it the first one open, that i could understand...lol

Hallsville is a great little 1/4 mile track and it is a real chance to set a new personal record (with some decent weather). All the Gen IIs ran lower 13s last time in 90+ degree weather. Now who doesn't want to start out the year with a good chance to set a new PR (Gen I or Gen II)?
biggrin.gif
Muddmann, join us, we'll have a fun time. I think the average was a bout 2-3 tenths quicker than Ennis.

Muddman,

The trip is half the fun if you have the time. Imagine a line of 8 Lightnings all running down I 20 and safe and prudent ( Yeah Right ) speeds all in a row.

The track prep is the best I have seen, the folks that work the track are decent, the parking areas are shaded in Pine trees. just a nice facility. One trip we went the traction was so good I couldnt over power the track leaving from 1000 rpm. It takes me an hour to get to Ennis from my house. I can get to Hallsville in another 40 minutes or less.

The traction is the attraction !!

Doug

[This message has been edited by Silver_2000_:)! (edited 01-26-2001).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, here's the deal. Just got off the phone with Hallsville Raceway. The February schedule is as follows; test&tune on Sundays starting with 2/11/01. No Friday or Saturday activities in February. Opportunities for Hallsville in February will be 11th, 18th, and 25th (all Sundays).

The March schedule starts with test&tunes on Friday nights and the regular racing program on Saturdays. The March schedule will be maintained until November. So now what?

How about Ennis next Sat?????
Gates open at 10am and racing starts at 11am.

Fellas,

I think the Motorplex is only open for Divisional racers, not the general public. At least according to this postcard I'm looking at and the website. Someone may want to call and ask.

Also, It's $50 for the car and driver and $10 for crew members.

James

Back