Feb 15th Laguna Seca Open Track Event

For those planning on attending, put your stock airbox back on or insulate underneath the hood (and then check the noise). I've been black flagged at Laguna Seca for noise with a 92 dB limit.

Would love to show up.And I just might if I can get time off!Been wanting to run that course since I lived there.Would be a good test and tune up for me before my season starts.Stan

Sounds like fun! It'll require the Probe getting new struts and brakes to be possible, though...

George, I will be out on the track Monday Feb 11th. Is there a specific spot the sound is measured?

They have a sound tower on drivers right inbetween turn 5 & 6 and they also have a roaming van that will get ya too.. And it looks like the limit will be 90db for the event.

Bolt said:
George, I will be out on the track Monday Feb 11th. Is there a specific spot the sound is measured?
Rob,
When I was there last, one was in the booth above turn 4:
turn4e.jpg

The other was in a booth on the right side between turns 5 and 6:
turn5x.jpg

Worst case scenario is this: go easy on the throttle at the exit of turn 4 (boring). Then go easy on the throttle until you're past the booth between turns 5 & 6 (boring). With that in mind, it's better to fix the supercharger noise and not worry about getting 3 black flags for noise infractions, which will be the end of your day.

BTW, we're probably going to bring a lunch there. Do you want to join us? We'll probably buy something Sunday evening in Monterey and pack it for Monday.

Last edited:
Thanks George lunch would be great, let me know what you were thinking of picking up. I am a little concerned as I have a Magnaflow on it now and believe it or not the Quick change really howls from the inside of the truck. Not sure how it sounds from the outside.

Bolt said:
Thanks George lunch would be great, let me know what you were thinking of picking up. I am a little concerned as I have a Magnaflow on it now and believe it or not the Quick change really howls from the inside of the truck. Not sure how it sounds from the outside.
I wouldn't worry too much about the exhaust. Last year, I ran Ravins and they were about as loud as the Magnaflows. Whenever I asked anyone (even at Buttonwillow) how the exhaust sounded, they always replied "I can't hear it over the SC."

I'll call you this weekend and we can arrange a good lunch. How does that sound?

Spike

Back