Fastest on leaf springs

droppedf100

Anyone know who has the fastest Lightnings both Gen 1 and 2 on leaf springs? Also what traction device are the fastest ones using?

Anyone know who has the fastest Lightnings both Gen 1 and 2 on leaf springs? Also what traction device are the fastest ones using?

:headscratch: I would say look at the times list, all Lightnings have leaf springs stock from FORD.........:headscratch:

I've been 9.5 best in the 1/4 with caltracs, and 6.01 best in the 1/8th (which would be better than 9.5s)

I've got a 9" in it but its still got the same QA1 shocks that have been on my truck for years.

:headscratch: I would say look at the times list, all Lightnings have leaf springs stock from FORD.........:headscratch:

Yeah I know they have leave springs stock:mad:

Frank5L that is fast. How do you like the cal-tracs? I have slapper bars and was looking to upgrade to the cal-tracs. Are they pretty consistent?

Do you think they are better then the long bars? They are going on a 79 f100 lowered with a flip in the rear and drop I-beams in the front.

Yeah I've made posts about this in other threads. If you go to the Gen2 forum and search "caltracs" you'll see. I've had both types, actually had lakewoods first, then the long bars, now caltracs.

DMP, NoSurprise, and Cowman have all been in the FFS low 10's and 9s on leafs with adjustable lowers similar to Caltracs. The DMP truck is like Franks, 9.5 ET on leafs and 9". FFS

Back