Famoso Raceway (Bakersfield)

Dale-01L

They are having a Open Test & Tune this Saturday (Along with a "West Coast Pro Gas Association" Event)

Gates open at 9AM

I suspect the track will be prepped real well for the event... Anyone interested in going?

I'll be there, I gotta try out my big jets. :)

-Dale

i may go if everything goes ok this week . work related, i'll keep in touch with you dale, i will also ask steve if he wants to go:tu:

I'm still waiting on a new blower before I go beat up the truck anymore..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

have fun though............... talk to you soon..........

Sweet...

We should all meet up somewhere by Magic Mountain or something Sat. morning...

It should be good, Ive heard that track is real good for new bests...

-Dale

Are you guys going to stay over because thats a hell of a trip for racing. The track is nice and they seem to care about it, but it is in bfe. If i remember from the reunion drags theres a good cluster of hotels towards the north end of bakersfeild right next to the freeway. Maybee a marriot and a couple of others. The track is another thirty minutes further north of bakersfeild. You get off at a dinner and gas station and then head out into the oranges and walnuts. If your lucky you might get to catch some circle track action afterwards near the airport at another venue. It would be a good trip, but treat it as road trip and be prepaired.

Im not planning on staying the night... It only took me ~2 -1/2 hours to get there last time...

But I wasnt towing my truck either..

Bakersfield is closer for me than C-Bad :)

-Dale

hey! i'll be road trip prepared:bd: :bd: :bout: if you know what i mean:tu: we should meet early morning by magic and head out .

Well, since the track opens at 9-AM... I think we should meet around 6:30 AM to get there in time... that will also leave us a little buffer for anyone thats a few minutes late...

The only place I can think of around there is a Texaco station that has a decent sized parking lot...

Station is located here:
Texaco Location (Click Here)

Sound good to everyone?

-Dale

Last edited:
Doh...

Thanks Chris.. I figured it was something easy :)

I editted it time after time and the smilies kept coming back.. finally I just gave up :)

-Dale

:( I'm flaking..... it's 3 am, and I just got home....I was out with the lady.;p

Dale, shoot me a call Sunday... let me know how you did.. plus, need to tell ya something.

And if ya'll are curious, LACR had a total of MAYBE 25 cars running. I was there for an hour and had 4 passes. It was FREEZING though.

My best was a 13.6 @105 with a 2.2 60' !!! :3g: ;c

I'm guessing there is room for improvment there...

So, guessing the car should run 13.4-13.2 with lower elv. and better 60'....not bad:D

Hey guys I was there from 6-7am but dident see anyone and i just noticed that i was at the shell and we were meeting at the texaco. anyway it was ok cause when i got home my grandfather fell off his bike in our driveway and couldent move, took him to hospital and hes got a broken hip and there doing surgery tonight. (guess I was at the shell for a reason)

Was wondering if you can race carlsbad on sundays?

CrazyChris said:
Hey guys I was there from 6-7am but dident see anyone and i just noticed that i was at the shell and we were meeting at the texaco. anyway it was ok cause when i got home my grandfather fell off his bike in our driveway and couldent move, took him to hospital and hes got a broken hip and there doing surgery tonight. (guess I was at the shell for a reason)

Was wondering if you can race carlsbad on sundays?

That sucks Chris, hope things go okay for him.

Yeah he should be out of surgery now. I ran over there to see him before surgery and he kept telling the doctors "dont revive me if im dieing!!!" He wants to go to heaven :D

anyway i looked at fomoso shedule and they are open for testntune tommarrow so ill be there. (this time ill bring directions :p )

Dale,

I see we didn't make the 55 Min Limit by 1 Nov.. What is going to happen? Not sure we are going to pull in 10 more registrations before COB.

-Martin

Back