Fall Test and Tune @ T.V

soonerlightning

what do you guys think about renting thunder valley this fall for an all day Lightning only test and tune? i dont have any idea how much this costs but i will check into it for us.. also maybe we could give out prizes for most consistent, fastest1/4, and have some bracket racing, for both GEN 1, and GEN 2.:tu:

Last edited:
Sounds Good!

If we can set it up, I think it would be Great!
Hopefully, The Tulsa and Dallas area Lightnings will participate!

Albert

ps.....I'm in!

yep yep, I am in as well. I think we would have to have the Tulsa and North Texas guys there to help us compenstae the costs. Let us know Wes what days it can be rented and costs so we can start deciding if its econimcal or not to even partake in.... esp if the rest like the prize idea as well.

Eric

guys i did ask around last night and found out that it costs $1000 bucks for the track then we have to pay for the workers and the VHT and stuff that they put on the track also we would have to pay an ambulance crew. MY thinking is NEVERMIND i dont think that us OKC boys could fund this.. because we know that no one from Tulsa or Dallas would show... they are too good.....If anyone can think of a way for us to fund this just let us know it would be fun.

My first thought would be selling a kidney but ya know, I am saving that idea for when I really really need a new bike or something else that I cant just go blow money on otherwise....sounds like the Track idea is starting to lose flavor.

Eric

I am willing to sell a kidney, maybe a lung also, hang on can you sell a lung, well it's worth a try! Maybe we could sell our souls to satan??? ;t ;t

I think the Tulsa track is like $70/hour to rent. I will have Joe check into it if you all would like to have a track day in Tulsa.

Hey guys I didn't get to go out friday and meet any of you, but how did you all run? Hopefully I can make one of the upcoming events you all are planing. I'd like to run my 01 at least once to see how she runs. Later Tony

Don't give up that easy on the track. I know the bunch from the Tulsa area and I have also went to Dallas (the Talon group) to their meetings and they are all good people. I have also visited with the guy from Kansas/Missouri on the board. I'm thinking with some careful planning you might be able to pick a date were all these groups could attend. Each group puts in a few hundred dollars and you have it :D It gets posted on all our neighboring states board that were going to have a all Lightning day at the track and they'll come. Race one day then plan something the following day like a cookout or a road trip somewhere (make it worth there while) and I think you can make yourself a party :tu: Maybe, maybe not, but don't give up too easy. Put your thinking caps on and you can make it happen. Might end up being a annual thing that gets larger each year :eek: and remember, those Tulsa, Texas, Kansas and Missouri groups are all good people :) Just something to think about.

- Rick -

well rick i posted this idea to NLOC, TALON,LOCO,&MKLO to see if anyone has any ideas.. hopefully it will happen now.. bracket racing for both gen Lightnings and test and tune hopefully we can get some sponsors to help out with this..

Back