Factory Lightning Bronco

Sportruk

While I was looking for the Full Effects Scab Lightning, I came across some other stuff on the Lightning. Ford actually built this Bronco on the assembly line, using Lightning parts as an experiment.
ResizeofFile0002.jpg

ResizeofFile0003.jpg

ResizeofFile0004.jpg

ResizeofFile0005.jpg

ResizeofFile0006_2.jpg

File0001.jpg

STMar951.jpg

Cool find! If they made a lightning bronco, I would've bought that instead of the truck.....

Wonder where that ONE lightning bronco is today???\

and is that a Transfer case shifter i see on the floor?!?

Last edited:
neat stuff, i'd kill for one of the factory lightning bronco's...although i think if i were to build one i'd leave it 4x4 (awd) dont have to worry about hookin'....

There was also an article floating around here with a White 4WD version. That is what I'd like to have. Second only to a Full Effect version. ;)

John

An L Bronco would be awesome!!!!!!

I know there used to be a guy on here that had an excellent specimen of an L Bronco............He ended up selling it, and hasnt been back since :?:? (lrandell as his screenname maybe :? )

matt

In the full color brochure... the one with red '93 in it... that red label with the small black and white roadway rendition and the white SVT? I have that as a sticker at the bottom left corner of my windshield.

Does anyone know where/if one could obtain one of those stickers?

blueovalforlife said:
and is that a Transfer case shifter i see on the floor?!?
no it's 2WD, plus a 1993 Bronco w/ leather would have electronic 4WD
blownnjucied94 said:
neat stuff, i'd kill for one of the factory lightning bronco's...although i think if i were to build one i'd leave it 4x4 (awd) dont have to worry about hookin'....
You'd have to make a LOT more power to make up for the extra weight.

thats why god invented the turbocharger. could you imagine a 800hp awd launch, sick stuff.

Rob Kinnan (the author of that Thunder & Lightning article) is the editor of Hot Rod. Anyone else read hot rod? does anyone know if Hot Rod has done a article on a gen1 L?
That paxton L looks pretty crazy

383svt said:
I have that article.

I would love to get my hands on the paxton L !!!

That Paxton Lightning is seating in a garage about 5 miles from my house,for the last 5-6 years.

Ray

LGHTSPD said:
That Paxton Lightning is seating in a garage about 5 miles from my house,for the last 5-6 years.

Ray

Wow, thats a really cool truck to have. Is he the original owner? I remember that truck from a magazine article a long long time ago. I was going to build one like it but never had the money. I was about 15 at the time though.

LGHTSPD said:

Ray

Ray,
I would love it if you could find out any info on it. does the owner drive it? maybe they want to sell this old relic. it is probably rotting away and I would take it off their hands for the rock bottom price that these trucks are going for right now :whistle:

No, but in all seriousness I would like first dibs if the guy is willing to sell.

PM me if you find anything out about it.
Thanks
Jody

Back